Builds Airfix 1/144 scale SR.N4 Hovercraft

the lines are in groups of six, then a walkway gap, and another group of six

red paint creep, not a problem as the white has to be resprayed over the white primer.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
the lines are in groups of six, then a walkway gap, and another group of six

red paint creep, not a problem as the white has to be resprayed over the white primer.
You're undermining my argument that modelling helps people with mental conditions. It appears to be encouraging yours. Marvelous work though.

You're undermining my argument that modelling helps people with mental conditions. It appears to be encouraging yours. Marvelous work though.
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of OCD...... a lot of OCD on the other hand :)

Looking brilliant @SPROCKET321 - it never ceases to amaze me the diverse set of kits you have a crack at!

cheers guys, I'm keeping Buggering on as Winston would say, though he never had the chance to make an Airfix 1/144 scale SR.N4.
The car collection so far...

making window masks for the cockpit

rubbing over the masking tape with a lead pencil highlights the raised window detail

bonded the two halves together

the windows and frames bonding together

the cockpit upper cabin in grey primer, needs sanding flat at the roof joint

Last edited:
I have this kit tucked away in the attic - I fear it will remain tucked away too! I rode/flew/travelled across the Channel on one of these as a kid and the kit was a present on the return trip (1970s!) I expected a smooth ride on a cushion of air. The thing vibrated so much I thought it would disintegrate mid-channel! The smell of exhaust (aviation fuel) fumes and the vomit from other passengers will stay with me forever!

Last edited:
view inside the car deck, while the roof is not bonded down yet, there's plenty of scope to detail the inside of here, as it's visible with the doors open. The ladder to the observation booth and steps to the door of the passenger cabin, plus some daz style wiring and some air ducting.

I have this kit tucked away in the attic - I fear it will remain tucked away too! I rode/flew/travelled across the Channel on one of these as a kid and the kit was a present on the return trip (1970s!) I expected a smooth ride on a cushion of air. The thing vibrated so much I thought it would disintegrate mid-channel! The smell of exhaust (aviation fuel) fumes and the vomit from other passengers will stay with me forever!
The same experience for me, and for some reason the car deck, at the end of the vomitathon, always smelled of bananas - I could never understand why.

"how does one get one's E type Jag doyn", one has a man to do it, naturally.
They must have had to back it up to a raised slipway to load from the back, and land them from the front, @Ian525 ? How did they load your family car?

instructions section 14, the cockpit has interior detail and some fine exterior parts, I might scratch some radar parts from the PE spares/leftover box

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
They must have had to back it up to a raised slipway to load from the back, and land them from the front, @Ian525 ? How did they load your family car?
Doesn't it have a ramp fore and aft ala Herky bird style?

It was a VW Type 2 bay window camper (Westfalia) in lime green. From what i recall we drove up the ramp. Got out and shown to seats (like an airliner...) and on landing we all trooped back to the camper and drove out the other side...not sure if we drove up the rear and down the front or other way round but we didn't reverse or turn...
Hope that helps a little.

( I can't remember if seats were blue or red with black flecks)