Airfield Management Job

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Matchtech, May 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon,

I am an Aerospace and Defence recruitment consultant for Matchtech Group, based near Southampton. Having good relationships with MOD clients and currently supplying work to ex-forces personnel, I thought I'd put up a thread re: a new requirement I have received.

Please find the details below:

RAF client is looking for an ad hoc temporary worker to fill in gaps (holiday, sickness) of around 4 weeks at a time.

To provide operational support to the Supported and OPCOM Components of RAF ******** airfield and its airspace.
    The day to day management and control of the airfield in accordance with the RAF ******** FOB, to include within conditioned hours at least one day per month at weekends.

Duties include:
    The day to day management and control of the airfield for all airfield users, including encroachments approved by the DO (16300 landings annually).
    Co-ordinate fly pasts and other special aviation events within the RAF ******** airfield zone.
    Control the PPR system to visiting aircraft, both military and civil.
    Act as "Point of Contact" for all airfield related matters.
    Maintain a database of airfield movement, flying complaints and FOB breaches.

Skills and experience:
    The ideal candidate will have experience of handling airspace booking for high profile Unit events.
    A good working knowledge of JSP 550 series. Attended Station Flight Safety Officers Course within 6 months of taking up post.

Please feel free to email me at, or call me on 01489 898224.

Yours aye,

Ben Birch
    Aerospace Consultant
    Matchtech Group