Airfield Management Job

Good afternoon,

I am an Aerospace and Defence recruitment consultant for Matchtech Group, based near Southampton. Having good relationships with MOD clients and currently supplying work to ex-forces personnel, I thought I'd put up a thread re: a new requirement I have received.

Please find the details below:

RAF client is looking for an ad hoc temporary worker to fill in gaps (holiday, sickness) of around 4 weeks at a time.

Task:
To provide operational support to the Supported and OPCOM Components of RAF ******** airfield and its airspace.
The day to day management and control of the airfield in accordance with the RAF ******** FOB, to include within conditioned hours at least one day per month at weekends.

Duties include:
The day to day management and control of the airfield for all airfield users, including encroachments approved by the DO (16300 landings annually).
Co-ordinate fly pasts and other special aviation events within the RAF ******** airfield zone.
Control the PPR system to visiting aircraft, both military and civil.
Act as "Point of Contact" for all airfield related matters.
Maintain a database of airfield movement, flying complaints and FOB breaches.

Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have experience of handling airspace booking for high profile Unit events.
A good working knowledge of JSP 550 series. Attended Station Flight Safety Officers Course within 6 months of taking up post.

Please feel free to email me at ben.birch@matchtech.com, or call me on 01489 898224.

Yours aye,

Ben Birch
Aerospace Consultant
Matchtech Group

Latest Threads