aircrew for juniors

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by ALPC, Mar 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as a lcpl in the corps i think its high time to apply for skygod!!!

and i need help to achieve this goal. first of all i heard a rumour that you had to wait until recommended for full screw to even apply as aircrew as a lance jack. however the toms can apply straight out of the box?? and second of all the tests at cranwell has anyone got any of the test material or revision papers so i can get my fat head in the books so i dont look like a complete idiot infront of the RAF pumpers!!!!

any help in this matter would be greatly welcomed
    and unlike aircrew now-a-days wont forget you when im at the top!!!

2. Why not approach the aircrew at your unit?

Surely they will be in the best position to help as at least some of them will have done selection over the last couple of years. Also I'm sure there will be information in DCI's or AGAI's or whatever they're called these days, ( I've been out of the mainsteam for a while).

Good Luck.

ps Try a little punctuation next time as it will make a better impression rather than that texting sh1te :D

3. Why not approach the aircrew at your unit?

Surely they will be in the best position to help as at least some of them will have done selection over the last couple of years. Also I'm sure there will be information in DCI's or AGAI's or whatever they're called these days, ( I've been out of the mainsteam for a while).

Good Luck.

ps Try a little punctuation next time as it will make a better impression rather than that texting sh1te :D

4. Try the Aviation Crewman route as a starting point. Ask if you can take pilot aptitude test on initial to see if you are able to walk and chew gum / can see further than your nose. This will avoid disapointment later if you cannot grade as a pilot. That way you will have had a tour of flying, with pay then either cross over to pilot training or revert if not happy or do not make the grade. Worth consideration.