Aircraft recognition

Quietly supping my pint in the village pub last night, when the peace was broken by a rhythmic beat getting louder.

" That's the distinctive sound of an approaching chinook "
Says the village ex TA ( part time soldier, full time banging on about it - courtesy Jack Dee ).
" I know that cos we used them all the time in the TA ".

" Actually that's my washing machine in the room upstairs "
Says the landlady.

" What did you say you were in ? "
asked the bearded old fella in the corner.

Cost of a pint of guinness - £3.20

The look on Mr TA's face - fucking priceless !

OK, so this was a washing machine which suddenly burst into life of its own accord. Why would anyone (even a part time soldier full time banging on about it) actually say " That's the distinctive sound of an approaching Chinook"? Did he think it was going to land at the pub?

PS - nice avatar! Well done.

My washing machine does it too-only on spin-all of a sudden like. I believe him. But then I'm gullible.

OK, so this was a washing machine which suddenly burst into life of its own accord. Why would anyone (even a part time soldier full time banging on about it) actually say " That's the distinctive sound of an approaching Chinook"? Did he think it was going to land at the pub?

PS - nice avatar! Well done.
Spin cycle just kicked in! ;-)

Re. Avatar; Spean Bridge?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Quietly supping my pint in the village pub last night, when the peace was broken by a rhythmic beat getting louder.

" That's the distinctive sound of an approaching chinook "
Says the village ex TA ( part time soldier, full time banging on about it - courtesy Jack Dee ).
" I know that cos we used them all the time in the TA ".

" Actually that's my washing machine in the room upstairs "
Says the landlady.

" What did you say you were in ? "
asked the bearded old fella in the corner.

Cost of a pint of guinness - £3.20

The look on Mr TA's face - fucking priceless !
Didn't happen though did it?

Mistaking a washing machine for a Chinook is one thing (and easily done), but mistaking a Chinook for a washing machine is even more embarassing. Result: one very unimpresseed loady and one unwashed bag of dhobi.