Airbus A320 crashed in French Alps

France plane crash: A320 carrying 142 passengers comes down in Alps near Digne

A passenger plane has crashed in southern France, according to early reports.
The aircraft said to be an Airbus A320 from German low-cost airline GermanWings came down in the Digne of France, local media report.
The flight was said to be between Barcelona in Spain and the German city of Dusseldorf, according to flight tracker service Airlive.

Oh dear. Last recording is height 6800' and speed 378kn.

Can you infer from that data that it flew into a mountain?
Seems like it. The height at the impact site looks to be arround 4000'

But whatever the problem was seems to have started at the coast so no idea why the pilot didn't divert to marseille

Fox News are already condemning the pilot. They have a retired AF General on as an 'expert' and he's saying 6800ft is an "unsafe altitude to fly at".

Cue the presenters talking about how the pilot and first officer have made the wrong choice.

Well, that's it! No need for further investigation etc. Fox have done it for the world!

Seems like it. The height at the impact site looks to be arround 4000'

But whatever the problem was seems to have started at the coast so no idea why the pilot didn't divert to marseille

Possibly a climb to altitude followed by hypoxia due to undetected depressurisation. Plane doesn't even seem to have turned onto its normal flight path.

(Thought I'd get my speculation in early, now that Jarrod has fired the starting gun...)

That aussie Berk on Beeb news is the most waffly plonker I have heard for a long time.
He asked an 'expert' whether the crash was probably caused by "a catastrophic event"?
Errr .....
:eek:

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Possibly a climb to altitude followed by hypoxia due to undetected depressurisation. Plane doesn't even seem to have turned onto its normal flight path.

(Thought I'd get my speculation in early, now that Jarrod has fired the starting gun...)
They'll be hurrying to find ancient airline pilots to say what bad decisions were made. Then if that doesn't work a CFI from the local flying club who will relate it to his experience in Cessna's.