Airborne Webbing

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by hexi_harry, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dragon Supplies of Colchester have some new webbing called "airborne webbing" for sale, is it worth purchasing or is it just another gimmick :?

Anyone using it at the mo?

They say it has been trialled by guys form 2 & 3 Para!!!
  2. You don't drop with your webbing ,Rifle and gear in a drop bag?
  3. pic's anyone so we have a scoby?

(of the airborne webbing, not the drop-bags)
  4. I always liked the roll pin belts.
  5. Looks a bit gimmicky... fat boys will have their pouches all on their arrses and skinny guys will have their ammo pouches on their front.

And its no better than the stuff we are issued (+ a hip belt) save the cash for 40-odd beers in your local.

On that note I'm off now, safe in the knowledge I have an extra £100 in my pocket.

6. interesting features. all stiched to the integral hip pad to stop pouch bounce.
    I'd wait for a couple of years mind, for the new camo-pattern of the PECOC kit in 2008-2010.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Hardly 'exclusive' as they claim, just a copy of the kit that both Troopers and Jajays have been producing for years - except Troopers make the pouches up from scratch & in whatever size you demand.

I don't know about Dragon Supplies' belt order, but the others' are made to measure so fit isn't a problem.

Be interesting to know who makes the pouches used on the rig, W*bt*x perhaps ?
  8. sorry, thought it said Airborne Wedding! was looking for pics from local paps showing security concious para in No.1s marrying a local munter after chucking one too many up her!
    please continue looking for kit!
  9. I've seen both and Troopers is better AND cheaper..........
  10. Easy to call yourself exclusive when Troopers and Jay jays have little or no internet presence, though.
  11. Yep it is almost the same as Jay Jays in Brecon . I know his kit is top
    notch .The airbourne thing is just a selling gimick .
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

True story, though I can think of at least two Abn Bns in Dragon's area that would dispute that claim.
    There again, they do tend to pitch at Troopers as a matter of course.
  13. I think troopers make the airborne webbing for dragon supplies, correct me if im wrong.
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No, Troopers don't make belt kit for other shops.

Their standard belt order is much like the one in the Dragon pic, but only costs £ 85.-

Their latest addition is the 'Patrol Yoke' which gives extra carrying capacity dump pockets without much bulk. There are several models available off the shelf or you can get one custom made.
    Not tried one myself yet but they do look useful and I've seen several on news footage from the Afghan & Sandpit.

Bell them on 01206-511-268 & they'l give you better gen than I can.