AirBnB/Booking.com - Any other Hosts out there?

Mr Happy

LE
Hello there, I was wondering if any other arrsers were hosts on AirBnB and if they had any hints and tips?

I'm about to try to set up Booking.com but it seems very demanding compared to the host data for AirBnB..

Hello there, I was wondering if any other arrsers were hosts on AirBnB and if they had any hints and tips?

I'm about to try to set up Booking.com but it seems very demanding compared to the host data for AirBnB..
Chat with @MrBane he may have some info.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Chat with @MrBane he may have some info.
Get comfy me young lad and let me tell you a tale.

Booking.com will rape you.

AirBnB demands very high standards and can be difficult to control in terms of damage etc.

What's your property? If it's just a room or a small flat, AirBnB, but if it's bigger, consider a local agent if you're in a holiday location.

Get comfy me young lad and let me tell you a tale.

Booking.com will rape you.

AirBnB demands very high standards and can be difficult to control in terms of damage etc.

What's your property? If it's just a room or a small flat, AirBnB, but if it's bigger, consider a local agent if you're in a holiday location.
Not me, @Mr Happy , I wuz just pointing him at you.

For a start, what country?

For example, Spain has just started enforcing some fairly draconian licencing requirements for the property and requirements for passport numbers etc for the guests - but only for two week lets (I think!).

If you want a little finca high in the mountains, no aircon, cess pit etc (to write your first novel/paint 'that' picture) in total seclusion, then technically and legally, they are no longer available. This is because all short term lets must now have air-con in the master bedroom and living room as a bare minimum

I am an Air BNB super host.. well the Mrs is. After so many happy guests Air bnb paid for a professional photographer to come out and help sell the place. Seems mostly common sense to me, but what’s your questions specifically?

Booking.com couldn’t give a flying when theres a dispute between Customer and owner. AirBnB are a paragon of virtue in comparison.

AirBnB are rubbish if you have to cancel a booking through sickness. Even if you send them a letter from your doctor (kerching) they will weasel their way out of it. I can understand the problem from the letters point of view but not from AirBnBs. Clear violation of their weasel words on illness and disability but if you argue they just ban you.

I used them several times last year but wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now. Scalping weasels.

Have I mentioned weasels?

Airbnb works well for my folks in the off season for country house lets in Porridgewoglandia.

Latest Threads