Air rifles

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by thegimp, Aug 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just had a couple of days exposed to air rifle shooting and enjoyed it enormously (proper flash backs to childhood)

Whats the score with air rifles I'm itching to buy one, I've got a teenage mind but an adults budget LOL

Thoughts, links, advice on purchasing a ninja, all singing, all dancing state of the art air rifle :D

2. Is that like air guitar, then?

MsG

3. Why stop at an air rifle. Go see your local dealer and get an LSW for £500.

Great fun for the garden and you can nick ammo and parts from work

4. If you have a good budget, you can get a compressed air one. Whatever you decide, google reviews on it first. It's illegal to send them mail order now.

5. Can't get them on ebay either :(

6. Yep, I know Lloyd and he knows his airguns.

More leaning toward the field air rifle shoots than the target air rifle.

7. BSA would be my choice. I've got one and it's outstanding.

8. I have a Webley victor under my bed from when I was a kid, sadly its too short now, think it was the smaller version of the Vulcan

9. And this Steyr LG110 is a good place to finish...

It's even got a takedown version so you can pretend... oh all right, so it will fit in a shotgun case. And a Picatinny rail.

It's a variant on the same rifle you'll see at the Olympics (the LG110 Match) along with offerings by Feinwerkbau, Walther, and Anschutz. Needless to say, you won't see a BSA at the Olympics, it would be like taking a Ford Fiesta to the Nurburgring... 8O

10. I've got a Daystate Mk2 Sports Regulated.
    Its got an tuned regulator for constant pressure accuracy, I get around 70 shots before needing to top up. 10rd Magazine and with a supressor its that quiet I've shot a rabbit, his mucker looks over wondering why its twitching on the deck and then the second one has followed it.
    I've shot field target comps with it and its more than up to the job for accuracy. If I cant put 10rds through a 10p piece sized target at around 40m I'm doing something wrong. :wink:

Linky

11. Reading the specs on that rifle I was quite surprised to see this

"Overall Length 96.5cm 38inches
    Barrel Length 40cm 15.75inches
    Weight 3.44kg 7.5lbs
    Shot Capacity at 12ft lbs 90 shots in .177cal
    120 shots in .22cal
    Power The power is set to over 11 ft lbs by Daystate and is therefore deemed to be a full power rifle within the limits set by UK law.
    Warranty Daystate are so confident with the quality of their rifles, they offer an exclusive 5 year warranty for any new Daystate rifle purchased from BAR.
    A word about licensing You do not need any licence in the mainland UK to purchase or use this rifle. Please refer to Airgun Laws for a full explanation of UK airgun laws."