air rifles

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by plaster, Jul 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the big boys have there thread going with there "big guns" :twisted:

no how about one for air rifles.. heres mine... its a 707,,22 lets a 14:5 grain "air bullet" on high power knock a bunny down easy..

2. What's it got to do with "Military History and Militaria"?

Why not post this in "Shooting Sports"? :?
  3. could not find that,,, give a hand plz
  4. thanks.. looks like i am getting away with it so i will carry on till told otherwise..
  5. I've got a .177 Diana.
  6. Hey, plaster! Why are you using Suitsy's avatar? Make velly confus fo' ole pipple. Chandsch pliss.

7. i have had it for an age.. (or two )
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Do we start showing off in this thread, or wait for the new one? :mrgreen:
  9. I live near a stream and a set of allotments, few problems with rats so bought a air rifle for a couple hundred quid, one of those gas bottle 177 jobs, has one of those 12 slug mag type things and a silencer.

Question, since the rats which come into the garden now and again simply laugh at me when the slugs bounce off them, failt to kill them, what would be a suitable air type gat to knock a big feckin rat over so it dosent get up?

advice please, and no, I dont want to use any type of explosive device - air weapon will suffice
  10. .22 for slotting critters, preferably PCP, get closer and hit it in the head.
  11. use "BSA" vermin stoppers... there good at stipping anything under a hare .. and thats at 30 yards with a body shot,, 177,, but would not try it if not ok with aim.

or better still get hold of a 22... use DYNAMIC air bullets 14:5 grain.. they have an arc in the air thats crazy ,,but they hit hard
  12. cheers lads
  13. well this is not going as good as i expected.. what do you think of anti tamper????