Air rifle pellets

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by kez89, Feb 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right didnt know where else to put this, but can air rifle pellets be traced back to the guns that fired them like normal rounds ? and Can you tell from examing a air rifle when the last time (roughly) it was fired ?
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What have you been upto Kez? Don't worry I won't tell.
  3. I f*cking hope not, or Im definately away for a spell inside after all them cats croaked it on my street !
  4. I was just wondering, hyperthetically if it was a possiblity for me to shoot at some chav that repeatedly throws snow balls at my house, all hyperthetical ofcourse though.
  5. Hyperthetically yes. Although only if there is a substantial amount of the pellet for them to do forensics on. But most pellets get squashed beyond recognition.
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Well in that case I can whole-heartedly confirm that no it is not possible in any way whatsoever for air rifle pellets to be traced back to a gun, nor can the presence of small holes in said chav implicate you in any past, present or future crime you may commit with any air projectile weapon. :D
  7. Lol nothing like that he hasnt been back for a couple of hours atm probably be back around 5pm so will have to wait and see
  8. Snowballs are untraceable, I believe...
  9. god knows havent counted them least half a small tin anyways, but the real dilema, is pest control pellets or target practice pellets.
  10. true but they dont have the fock off factor im going for :p
  11. have you never seen CSI ? they will stick knitting needles in the chavs arm to see angle of shot and then get a laser pointer. Nah seriously, they will work on a rough area of probability where it could have come from. They can tell when an air rifle has been fired I believe.
  12. Kez you got to shoot them in the head so the pellet hits something hard and deforms too much for a match on the weapon.
  13. I assume you can't lay your hands on some mercury?

Then in that case black tack - blue tack's ill behaved brother.

Fired from a high powered air rifle at short range it will cause high levels of discomfort.
  14. they can not be traced unless you leave your DNA all over them,

though ive got to say armed response recently held two young teenagers to siege in their living room up here recently,

we were all oohing and ahhing because rumour control said that someone had been shot, it turned out the scrotes were taking pot shots from their window at some wee lads arse, and the police kind of over reacted (though they were neds so it was probably appropriate action)