Air Portable Boxes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wedge_cadman, Nov 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. wedge_cadman

    wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Can anyone point me in the right direction for Air Portable boxes (possibly called a thomson box though not sure) I've only known them as that, we used to have them stacked along the length of the 4 tonners on Ex in Germany

    I would like to aquire/purchase a dozen or so. They're green reinforced plastic with a lid that clips into the large face of the box, they have gooves on the inside to fit shelves and can be stacked on top of each other with a carry handle either end.

    I have one already which I picked up whilst raiding tech stores recently (it was being disposed of) and i've googled them to no avail, probably because they have a proper name.

    Any help appreciated to make my shed look Ally ;-)
  2. military storage boxes - Google Search

    Have a poke around on here.

    I think it is the Thomas Bin here is some old info on them

    DMC: W21
    NSN: 7125 99 132 0029
    Desig: Bin Interlocking Fibre

    Attached Files:

  3. wedge_cadman

    wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Thomson Thomas. What's in a name.

    They seem to be rarer than rocking horse shit :-(