Air pistols - Recommendations?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm thinking of buying a nice air pistol. I used to have a Brocock, but got rid when they banned them. Always missed it.

Requirements:

Mil style or revolver, not break barrel etc. I'd like it to actually look and feel like a proper gun.
Semi auto.
Accurate enough to hit empty beer cans in the garden.
Not shit.

So what's the daddy these days?

Back in the day I seem to recall Crossman did a co2 powered Beretta 92F that was pretty cool. Is there an updated version? Something like that could work.

Metal BBs or pellets?

Cost isn't really a problem. Happy to pay for quality.

Any recommendations? Any makes to avoid?

Cheers.

There's a CO2 Webley MkVI available in either .177 or 6mm BB I believe. No idea how good they are, but I'm sure they'd do the trick for beer cans in the garden.

I'm thinking of buying a nice air pistol. I used to have a Brocock, but got rid when they banned them. Always missed it.

Requirements:

Mil style or revolver, not break barrel etc. I'd like it to actually look and feel like a proper gun.
Semi auto.
Not shit.

Back in the day I seem to recall Crossman did a co2 powered Beretta 92F that was pretty cool. Is there an updated version? Something like that could work.

Metal BBs or pellets?

Cheers.
My lad has a Tanfoglio CO2 that fires metal BB's that is lots of fun. It strips like the real thing and the slide blows back which is fun but burns through CO2 quickly.

As I mentioned in the Eagles Nest we went to but some CO2 a while back and ended up coming back with an UZI that does the same. I'm out and about but when I get home I'll bung you some pics up.

Requirements:

Semi auto.
Not shit.

Metal BBs or pellets?

Cheers.
Pellets. BB don't fly too well.

Dunno if you can get gas powered pellet guns though.

I like the look of this. CO2 powered.

ETA: Can fire .177 pellets or BB apparently.

Last edited:

wafubustard

War Hero
@Ravers I drove down that multi lane public right of way through your garden last weekend, the size of your place you could use this in there without much hassle.

rnimage.jpg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Awesome ideas so far chaps.

Many thanks. I love the look of that Webley. Something fun that blows back would be good though.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How far down your "garden"?
Probably 20-30ft max. I have bigger stuff for longer range.

This is for sitting next to the river with the lads after a few beers and plinking off the empties.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My lad has a Tanfoglio CO2 that fires metal BB's that is lots of fun. It strips like the real thing and the slide blows back which is fun but burns through CO2 quickly.

As I mentioned in the Eagles Nest we went to but some CO2 a while back and ended up coming back with an UZI that does the same. I'm out and about but when I get home I'll bung you some pics up.
Awesome. Sounds spot on.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This might do you:
Webley Tempest Air Pistol in .22 (5,5mm) calibre

Had a mid-life crisis a few weeks ago, having not touched a gun for 30 years, Brought one of these:

It's bloody good fun and accurate as long as you keep it pumped in the sweet spot.
I grew up with one of those and have big love for them, but I'm after a semi auto. Can't be arsed recocking it everytime.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pellets. BB don't fly too well.

Dunno if you can get gas powered pellet guns though.
The Crossman 92f was .177 pellets . It had a little revolving mag in the top and the handguard had the co2 bottle.

If memory serves you could also load it with copper BBs, but that may be the wine talking.

The Crossman 92f was .177 pellets . It had a little revolving mag in the top and the handgaurd had the co2 bottle.

If memory serves you could also load it with copper BBs, but that may be the wine talking.
I had a replica Winchester rifle when I was a kid. It was very inaccurate.

And a 177 webley Vulcan (I think) which was altogether more lethal. My dad took it off me after getting sick of finding holes in everything he owned.

I think it'd be a lot harder to automatically feed pellets.

Awesome. Sounds spot on.
I forgot he's got a Sig X-Five as well which meets the spec you're looking for. The UZI fires from an open bolt and the blowback is a fair old judder.
IMAG0308-1.jpg

IMAG0309-1.jpg

Ravers, presuming you will have had a few tins first so accuracy isn't too much of an issue you won't have more fun that one of these.

Go to just after 10 mins in and you see for what they are accuracy isn't too bad but not on par with a proper air gun firing pellets. Get spare mags and load before getting too pissed though as they are fiddly. They do get through the gas a bit though.

This and many others were "demonstrated" by a neighbour who ran an airsoft site and kept his "armoury" at home. He had about £20,000 worth of this sort of stuff. It was laughable when he was in work mode and taking himself seriously but when he had a BBQ and decided to get his toys out it was good fun. One either still serving or just out bootie mate of his took a real liking to his minimi.....seemed a bit much in his 40 odd foot garden and his chickens really weren't impressed.

Latest Threads