Air Gun info

Not sure if this is the right forum, anyway:

I've been given an Air Rifle it's an Original Mod 35 .177 calibre.

I've only fired a couple of pellets through it, what I'd like to know is if anyone can hazard a guess as to how powerful it is, at 16 feet (approx) when fired at an empty Coke can the pellet goes right through both sides without moving it, I thought I'd missed as the can didn't move.

Honestly its too risky to gamble mate, though I've heard its between 8-9ft/lb

I'd advise getting a chronograph to measure it, I bought one for £35 and it works great

Neil.Larsen said:
Honestly its too risky to gamble mate, though I've heard its between 8-9ft/lb

I'd advise getting a chronograph to measure it, I bought one for £35 and it works great
Thanks, I think the legal limit is under 12 ft/lb. I think you're right I need to chrono it to check. I'd hoped that "going through a Coke can without moving it" would get the answer "no problem, squire well under 12ft/lb" :D

It's very unlikely to be over 12 ft lbs. Probably nearer 8-10 so no certificate required.

Take it your local gunsmith or dealer and ask him to check it for you.

What sort of Spring is in it....... that should tell you?

No idea of what spring it has, haven't stripped it down yet. It's a break barrel and I would guess at least 10 yrs old although not used much.

Any idea of the make ? Diana ?

Not sure what to do with it I can't really use it much in the garden, and I'm not sure yet if there is a club near me. Will look into it. I wonder if it's worth throwing money at Telescopic sights, etc etc or if I get into it buy a new (Co2 ? ) one.

Anyone near Scunthorpe that goes/uses an air rifle ?

On the subject of air rifles, how quiet are CO2 ? my air rifle apparently is 85Dbs (BSA Lightning XL)

Taffnp said:
On the subject of air rifles, how quiet are CO2 ? my air rifle apparently is 85Dbs (BSA Lightning XL)
I do not know how quiet CO2 is, but my falcon FN 12 precharged pneumatic is bloody loud for an airgun, but the Logan silencer does a good job of quietening it down a bit.

RP

mine is pretty good as the police have not come round yet :)

Part ex it for one of these:

22lr semi auto......... as much fun as you can have small bore.