Air Gun info

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by squiffy_parsons, May 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is the right forum, anyway:

I've been given an Air Rifle it's an Original Mod 35 .177 calibre.

I've only fired a couple of pellets through it, what I'd like to know is if anyone can hazard a guess as to how powerful it is, at 16 feet (approx) when fired at an empty Coke can the pellet goes right through both sides without moving it, I thought I'd missed as the can didn't move.

2. Honestly its too risky to gamble mate, though I've heard its between 8-9ft/lb

I'd advise getting a chronograph to measure it, I bought one for £35 and it works great

3. Thanks, I think the legal limit is under 12 ft/lb. I think you're right I need to chrono it to check. I'd hoped that "going through a Coke can without moving it" would get the answer "no problem, squire well under 12ft/lb" :D

4. It's very unlikely to be over 12 ft lbs. Probably nearer 8-10 so no certificate required.

Take it your local gunsmith or dealer and ask him to check it for you.

5. Thanks Gents.

6. What sort of Spring is in it....... that should tell you?

7. No idea of what spring it has, haven't stripped it down yet. It's a break barrel and I would guess at least 10 yrs old although not used much.

Any idea of the make ? Diana ?

Not sure what to do with it I can't really use it much in the garden, and I'm not sure yet if there is a club near me. Will look into it. I wonder if it's worth throwing money at Telescopic sights, etc etc or if I get into it buy a new (Co2 ? ) one.

Anyone near Scunthorpe that goes/uses an air rifle ?

8. here's some pics of the only markings on it.

Attached Files:

9. On the subject of air rifles, how quiet are CO2 ? my air rifle apparently is 85Dbs (BSA Lightning XL)

10. It is indeed a diana original.

11. Is this a good make, it seems well made.

12. Diana have always made good air rifles.I'm not sure but i think Weirauch build the same rifle under their own name.