air assualt

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by azzer, Mar 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello peeps i was just wondering what the difference is between 16 air assault brigade and 2 and 3 para ?? any1 put me straight on this please
  2. All the para batallions are part of 16 air assault brigade, along with the army air corps, and support units from artillery, engineers, loggies sigs and some others i think
  3. 16 Air Assault X plays "Ride of the Valkeries" from their Choppers sound systems.
    It also goes looking for the Shi'ite
    Para's are like Bird Shi'ite (they both fall from the sky)

Hope that helps
  4. Are there any other Infantry elements in 16AA or is it just the Para's???
  5. I know that 1 R IRISH have been attached to 16 AA, but I don't know if this gets swapped around other Regt's.
  6. 2 PARA, 3 PARA, 1 R IRISH and 5 SCOTS are the infantry component of the brigade.
  7. That old chestnut. Think of something original.
  8. Well...... although not original, it was enough to start a town fight in aldershot in the 80s.....
  9. Would still work in Colly if anyone is stupid enough. That's if you can catch any of the Bns in the country! :lol:
  10. OK, before this thread degenerates into yet another b0llocks argument about the Reg and the rest, stop. Consider reading the guidance at the top of the board, and if anything remains unclear following the very simple guidance, then feel free to pm. The original question appears to have been an honest one, let's not stoop into a wankfest which will only result in your posts being deleted. Clear enough?