Air Arms .22 Pro Sport

I currently have an AA TX 200 HC and am looking at the Pro Sport as an upgrade.

I have been offered one for £400 with scope that has seen perhaps 30 pellets through it.

The rifle itself is spotlas and comes with damper mounts, the scope is, however, unbranded.

Does £400 seem a fair price?

Shooting is mostly rabbits/pigeons and sometimes targets.

Cheers for any opinions.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
For that sort of money, I'd be expecting something that goes bang and fills your lungs with cordite.

Get FAC'd up and buy yourself a .17 HMR.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
For that sort of money, I'd be expecting something that goes bang and fills your lungs with cordite.Get FAC'd up and buy yourself a .17 HMR.
You've not bought an air rifle recently have you? It's not your standard break action stuff we had as kids. £400 is cheap for some of the things people run around bunnybashing with. But I agree with you, guns go "bang" not "phut."

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've got a very nice .22 Webley Tomahawk. It cost a **** load less than £400. Handy for shooting bunnies out of my kitchen window, otherwise it only gets used as a tin can buster on camping trips or as a loan gun for mates who come to stay.

This gets a hell of a lot more use:

Mine not actually the one shown in the pic, but it's the same.

ugly

LE
Savage .17Hmr at the moment bargain prices for less than a used air gun and scoped too!

Sooooo...no opinions then...lol.

I can't go bang, only phut thanks to where I shoot otherwise I would most likely have been going bang a while back. Most of my pigeon shooting is inside a barn so air rifle it is.

As for the cost...well I would love a Feinwerkbau P70 Alu but I don't have a spare £2000.

Feinwerkbau P70 Alu? Why? Are you shooting paper?

Otherwise a real waste of money IMO.

If you dropped it, it would cost more to fix than buying many a .17HMR rifle AND a scope.

Anyhow, when you become independent, you'll get it a lot cheaper that the rest of the [former] UK.

tac

ugly

LE
When you are independant you will need a section 1 license for it!

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got a very nice .22 Webley Tomahawk. It cost a **** load less than £400. Handy for shooting bunnies out of my kitchen window, otherwise it only gets used as a tin can buster on camping trips or as a loan gun for mates who come to stay.

This gets a hell of a lot more use:

Mine not actually the one shown in the pic, but it's the same.
Ruger 77/22?

Feinwerkbau P70 Alu? Why? Are you shooting paper?

Otherwise a real waste of money IMO.

If you dropped it, it would cost more to fix than buying many a .17HMR rifle AND a scope.

Anyhow, when you become independent, you'll get it a lot cheaper that the rest of the [former] UK.

tac
My next door neighbour is an Olympic and commonwealth gold medalist at shooting paper. I had a go of his one (highly modified) and I was amazed that I must also be an olympic shooter coz I am amazing!!..lol

Mallard Barns at Wattisham will knock you up a PCP for £200. They will also uprate the rifle for you if you have it on a FAC. Sometimes they have some .25 barrels kicking about and these are really handy at FAC power

As for guns that go "bang" then I've never had any problems with a little BSA Sportsman. I think that I paid about £35 for mine.