Air Aptitude Questions...

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by marshabrady, May 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. evening all,

I'm going to my RCB in June, and if i'm fortunate enough to pass, will wait until after October 2006 to start Sandhurst as I already have job in America for a a year.. Anywho, I know this is viable because the RCB result is valid for at least 2 years.. My question is, should I bother taking the AAC air aptitude test this summer? How long is it valid for?
    Also, can you tell me if it's exactly the same as the test the RAF guys go through, and does anyone know what standards are expected for depth perception (i hear u have to look at 3D pics through 3D glasses - i was never any good at those!)
    Thanks lads,

Beth x
  2. MB,

You may wish to contact the AAC Recruiting Liaison Officer at Middle Wallop. They will have all the information that you need to get you on the right track for officer entry etc. From your email it would seem that you have already gone through a lot of the initial process (eg RCB already booked for June) but you may be able to complete the aptitude tests with the RAF this year and, if all works out, complete flying grading before you even put on a uniform! The benefit of this approach is that if things don’t work out you will not be committed to a career in another branch of the Army. I’m sure that you will have no problems but it does take some of the guess work out of the process – also you get 13 hours of flying training for nowt…..good laugh. Finally remember that although the process is long it is by no means impossible – you just have to look at some of the critters (self included) that have slipped through in the past!

Good luck! :wink: