Ainsworth this morning 17 Aug 09

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Points of note.

1. He said 'elicopters!!! :twisted:

2. Spent much of the interview talking angrily about the "meedya" and various alleged "misrepresentations" and so on....deserves everything he gets in my opinion now.

3. Told a lie. Said 9/11 was down to the-then Afghan government (ie the Taliban) to justify initial involvement in Afghanistan. Untrue.

4. Will not have an excuse for British involvement as of next week once the elections are over....will this lead to a change in posture (defensive rather than active) to keep casualties down, or will President Karzai lobby effectively and publicly for the UK to continue to act as the Afghan National Army as it is now?
  2. Step away from the keyboard
  3. His name`s probably Hainsworth
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Very good!

He is, after all, an expert on military matters. Having worked in the sheet metal industry! Tosser that he is.
  5. Worked?,I'll agree with employed.No further without written proof!.
  6. I think they're pubes. Notice the rather deep tan - he's been on his hols.
  7. I'm going to refer to him as Aintsworth as in ain't worth anything
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

He makes TCH seem almost palatable.
  9. I watched the interview and momentarily felt sorry for the chap.

He's obviously in a job that exceeds his capabilities, he struggles to justify our mission there, and he's forced to lie about every issue because the telling the truth is ugly, and would cost him his job.

All roads lead back to Brown... he's the cnut at the centre of it all.

That said, I do feel a bit pissed off at the media. One that stuck in my mind was C4 news, Krishnan Guru-Murthy was trying to do a Paxman on some minster, asking him if anyone had died due to vehicle X. On the off chance that KGM reads this... if you do happen to know of a vehicle that gives 100% protection against every threat, please give MOD a call... twat.
  10. I don't think so - he was in France and enjoyed good to fair weather conditions. There's a touch of mahogany about him, as though he'd overdone the tanning in the early days.

Spray tan is more orange than burnt ochre.

Bottom line is that he's an utter shower; "we don't have to star-gaze" as Ainsworth says, to work that out.
  11. Now now, must not be too hard on him. After all, those in the cabinet with any sense (a limited population, I grant you, the main candidate rumoured to have been Darling, A. ) walked away from Defence for fear of the manifold and impossible to purge sins of the past falling on their head.

Ainsworth, a non ranked placeholder in a Third Rate Governement, got the hospital pass: a useful yet disposable idiot. No doubt he really does want out quick and very, very badly indeed, as do the whole Labour party. His recent blathers reflect just that.

The Guardian sets out what the left think and all the lies, bullshit and obfuscation flow from that. When the much trumpeted yet wholly worthless Afg. elections are over and before the impending UK elections we will see some big, dumb and wholly selfish Labour party gesture politics of the worst possible kind.

Afghanistan: Mission impossible

"Counterinsurgency theorists imagine the role of the military mission as creating a "space" to be filled by the nascent institutions of the Afghan state – its army, police and judiciary. But here too, amid preparations for elections this week, there is scant evidence of theory translating into practice on the ground. The Afghan police are still reluctant to go into the Helmand villages that US and UK troops have cleared. And against whom is this "clearing" being defined? After eight years we still have no clear idea who the enemy are, or how to distinguish them from the local population.

Much will be made this week of the numbers who participate in the presidential election, an act that will spell defiance of the Taliban. This will be nowhere truer than in Kandahar, the country's second largest city, from where Mullah Omar, the Taliban leader, began his march to power. A small Canadian force has prevented 15,000 Taliban from retaking the city, at a cost of 125 soldiers, the highest proportion of casualties of any coalition partner. As the Canadians acknowledge, theirs has been little more than a finger-in-the-dyke operation.

The city is being held, not for democracy, but for Hamid Karzai's powerful half-brother, Ahmed Wali Karzai, who has been accused of handing out government jobs and land to his friends and allies, and of extensive involvement in drug trafficking.

Here lies the central problem. As the casualties mount and domestic patience wears thin, the coalition mission will steadily downgrade its once lofty nation-building objectives. If it remained true to them, tackling corruption among the likes of Ahmed Wali Karzai would remain as integral to the project as keeping the Taliban out. In the end neither of these objectives will be secured, and the Afghanistan that the troops leave behind may not be unlike the one which greeted their arrival. Large parts of the Pashtun south will still be dominated by the forces we are currently fighting."
  12. I've noticed a few posts on here now that show some sympathy or charity for Ainsworth.

Why should we show him anything other than utter contempt?

It's not acceptable, surely, to have a SOSD who admits that he's not up to task. It's not acceptable to have to listen to him spinning like fury to save his government's skin. It's not acceptable to have to suffer his utterly ignorant pronouncements about Afg when 9000 troops are deployed on ops there.

He is a totally useless fecker - beyond redemption. He should be sacked and then beaten to death by an angry mob.

The idea that we should feel sorry for him because he's only a sheet metal worker or a failed communist revolutionary who never wanted the job is a load of bollicks.

String him up.
  13. Well said Blogg. Couldn't agree more. Ainsworth is playing at least a dozen leagues above his capabilities. Sadly our lads are dying because of his and the other toytown members of the Cabinet's inability to understand what they have got us into.

All you need to know about his skills is contained in this quote from his official website:-

"Worked for Jaguar Cars in Coventry and held various offices in the trade union and Labour movement including Shop Steward, Secretary of Joint Shop Steward Committee, Sheet Metal Workers Union Branch President and Constituency Labour Party Chairman.

Makes you proud to be led by such a man!
  14. My pity was only momentary - I agree with you wholeheartedly. Contempt was the second and overwhelming feeling!