Aimed at the Older Members Here

HeHeHe, I'm only 62, going to get out of my Fcukin' Tree
tonight.

1. I am sure there are many members who are not 65 and over so your comment is prattish.

2. Put this topic in "Old and Bold", but I guess you want the attention.
Young Whippersnappers.........Bah!

I totally agree, one glass a night is more than enough for me.

Attachments

I shall continue to over indulge until it kills me, I'm a veteran of the Cold War BAOR piss up...lol

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
According to the trick cyclists, you lot should only drink half a pint a day from now on.

BBC News - People over 65 should drink less, a report says
Let us hope an older member rocks up to offer an assist. From the perspective of a young Nordic sex God can I say that I hope they ruminate upon their findings then die choking on a chicken bone? cnuts.

The first trick cyclist who told me I should moderate my behaviour or I would be dead before I was thirty, has been dead for 15 years now. I am not. He was a smartarse **** but that did not make him a bad person. He is, however, ******* dead. And I am not.

Sorry, what was the question?

Trick cyclists might ask themselves how they may deal with a generation who have survived, and who aint in the ******* mood for their poxy old chat. But like I said, I am sure an old person will be along soon. With a packet of Werthers Originals and a golden haired child on their knee, no doubt. Fucks sakes.

T

trowel

HeHeHe, I'm only 62, going to get out of my Fcukin' Tree
tonight.
Good luck, Arters. A man after my own heart. If I want the opinion of these tricylist tossers I will ask them. Until then they can stay in their corner and shut the **** up.

Fuckin' mutter...fuckin' mumble. First red wine's good for you, then it's not. Already banned from smoking. Told to cut down on red meat. Cheese, butter, eggs all bloody rationed. Can't even bloody well have bean sprouts (whatever the **** they are). Bollox, I'm sticking to the Guinness. I'll continue having the red wine with my (rare) roast beef, enjoy the odd glass of single malt (if my overtaxed pension will allow me to buy the overtaxed amber liquid) and a nice, ripe stilton when I want to go with a nice Havana. If the kids get their inheritance quicker, so be it. Better than them wasting it paying it over to Dignitas!
So what if these things knock 6 years off your life? It's always the last 6 years and they're pretty shit, anyway.

Fuckin' mutter...fuckin' mumble. First red wine's good for you, then it's not. Already banned from smoking. Told to cut down on red meat. Cheese, butter, eggs all bloody rationed. Can't even bloody well have bean sprouts (whatever the **** they are). Bollox, I'm sticking to the Guinness. I'll continue having the red wine with my (rare) roast beef, enjoy the odd glass of single malt (if my overtaxed pension will allow me to buy the overtaxed amber liquid) and a nice, ripe stilton when I want to go with a nice Havana. If the kids get their inheritance quicker, so be it. Better than them wasting it paying it over to Dignitas!
So what if these things knock 6 years off your life? It's always the last 6 years and they're pretty shit, anyway.
EB, can I move in with you, your standard of living is far
superior to my meagre existance, I'll bring the Bean Sprouts,
we'll have great fun cocking our snoots out of your front
room window.
Any little boys in your vicinity, perchance?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Half a pint a day? Since I realised that I had developed an intolerance to alcohol (as well as just about every-*******-thing else) half a dozen years ago, if I drink more than half a pint a day, my nose snots up and streams and it simply isn't worth drinking any more: half a pint just makes me want a pint, and another. So I have had to give up. To be fair, I reckon I had drunk a lifetime's supply by the age of 22 and returned from UNFICYP, to I am just load balancing my liver.

It means that time passes very slowly, which ought to be no bad thing at my age.

In response to the original post: Don't be refuckingdiculous.

H'mmmmm! I stopped worrying years ago. Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening so I'll have a couple of LARGE glasses of wine tonight.

Every day some cnut creeps out of the woodwork and tries to tell you that you shouldn't eat and/or drink something. Last week Yahoo said "don't eat Marmite" and this week it's "Marmite is good for you"If you are lucky enough to have reached the age where the thieving barstewards might have to pay out a pension to you, crack onDrinking is bad for you. So let's have another bottle of that delicious Château Lafitte, another yellow handbag and a couple of packs of Capstan Full Strength. And while I think of it, who can forgo the evening solace of a good "arts study" book and a pipe (of opium)

Though not yet 65 it's advice I'm going to follow. It may save going for a piss 5 times a night. I used to be practical and have a bucket by the side of the bed but since knocking it over whilst drunk I've started to use the en suite toilet or occasionally the wardrobe:)