AID's & HIV

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by No_Duff, Jul 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst I was in Hospital, I overheard 3 Nurses talking about their Hospitals AIDS/HIV budget and they were saying that 60% of the Hospitals Budget for AIDS was spent on it's own Staff. Is this possible ? (I may of misheard as I was coming round after being in Surgery)

Hopefully this thread won't go to the hole, as it's a serious question on my part.

2. Why didn't you aks the nurses to clarify what you thought you heard?

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You were coming round after surgery and your immediated concern is whether the hospital has enough budget for HIV?

...either you still have a head injury, or a 5 stone anemic gay lover.....

4. Could be the surgeons sticking themselves with needles whilst operating etc and needing HIV tests.

5. I don't know.

But you just made me think twice about shagging nurses......

6. Where was the hospital? Ethiopia?? Why not make a freedom of information request to the hospital?

7. Shag the ones that cough!

Please see the 1930s for background reference to that joke. Or Full Metal Jacket.

8. But the gayers, and non-swimmers hadn't invented the HIV by the 1930s

• Like Like x 1
  9. You believed something a nurse was spouting off about? shame on you

10. They will be turning up in busses next.

Why don't you ask them? None of us were there :)

11. I think I would have done a lot of nodding and smiling walking backwards and when round the corner, started running!!

12. Ah, but we all know HIV was invented by Tropper

13. Pfffft coming in 'ere spouting your common sense, be off with you!

14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Probably just something said by people who don't like darkies from the ex colonies coming to work in the NHS - wouldn't be surprised if they're all tested in their home countries before signing on though - it's pretty normal to be tested at regular intervals no matter what you do - in fact if you're going to get insurance it's required for example and in many jobs again you are required to be tested - something that would be a definite no-no over here.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

That convo in full:

Nurse 1) "Jesus ******* Christ. My HIVES are giving me gyp"

Nurse 2) "Moan moan moan moan. Button it. Listen, I've got to get some new SHADES at lunch time. Fancy coming with me? Heyup. Dickless Dan is coming round. Look sharp, he's drooling again"