AIDS/HIV Infected docs allowed to operate

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by northern-matelot, Aug 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wouldn't worry about it, you're unlikely to know.

2. Wouldn't bother me. Surgeries are sterile environments.

3. Can't remember the last time I exchanged fluids with my dentist, I'm sure it doesn't happen often during surgery either. Makes no difference either way then.

4. I believe nurses and emergency service personnel are still allowed to have contact with the public after being found to have the HIV

5. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ​PMSL.

6. Double post.

7. Only ones with Good AIDS, right?

8. No it's true, I've never heard of one having a baby

9. As above though, how many people have ever swapped bodily fluids with their dentist (during an appointment)? Also remembering that it's very, very unlikely you'll get AIDS/HIV through saliva so even if your dentist did have AIDS/HIV, did have a bleeding cut on his hands without wearing gloves and the blood did enter your mouth you're still not all that likely to get it unless you have an open wound in your mouth.

The chances of it happening are absolutely tiny unless your dentist regularly puts you under on happy gas and knocks one out into an open wound in your mouth.

10. Medical professional ? :)

I was wheeled into one a couple of years ago and I said to the gas man before he gave me my wobbly injection,

"are you going to mop that up before you start"
    "What" he said
    "The big splash of gore on the light which appears to be about to drip on you"

HIV wouldn't get a look in with all the pox they appear to introduce into orthopedic surgery