Aid Ship Rachel Corrie Intercepted By Israeli Troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Jun 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Peace activists on board an aid ship heading for Gaza have been intercepted by Israeli forces, according to reports.

The Rachel Corrie set out with its crew determined to break Israel's naval blockade.

The Irish-registered vessel was delayed by mechanical trouble which activists say they suspect was sabotage by Israel.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Gaza-Peace-Activists-On-Board-the-Rachel-Corrie-Intercepted-By-Israeli-Forces---Reports/Article/201006115643738?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15643738_Gaza:_Peace_Activists_On_Board_the_Rachel_Corrie_Intercepted_By_Israeli_Forces_-_Reports__

2. They've just refused to redirect to Ashdod - and being tailed by Israeli vessels.

A few more Darwin awards to be granted in the next hour?

3. Good. Those "Peace Activists" have no desire to provide aid to the people of Gaze. They're using the idea of aid to push their own political agenda, cashiering it against the suffering in the region. If they were really interested in helping, they'd fly it under the flag of the ICRC.

I hope they get what's coming to them.

4. A few hours in detention, followed by days in front of cameras whining about how their ipods were confiscated?

Now that people are watching properly, the madbeards have been left off this ship, and it's packed with bleeding-heart mongs and attention-seekers. They'll all throw themselves to the deck and scream like little girls when the IDF boards.

5. How long before the Anti Semetic Outrage Bus pulls up folks?

I can just see them getting all fired up:
    [​IMG]
    Achtung!

6. Not to split hairs with another Dave but I have my doubts about the Irish Registered part. All pictures that I have seen have shown the ensign of the kingdom of Cambodia at the stern and shows her hailing port as Phnom Penh which would indicate that she is of Cambodian registry. The vessel is owned F.G. Human Rights Projects, Ltd, a Cypriot corporation controlled by the "Free Gaza Movement", a Cyprus based organization. The board of directors of the group are from a number of countries although a number also have dual nationality with the US. If I recall correctly the master of Rachael Corrie is Scottish and holds a UK masters ticket. The whole thing is a bit multi-national

7. Any North Korean subs in the area?

8. [​IMG]

Pic of the Rachel Corrie berthed in Dundalk. From the look of her any mechanical problems are more likely to be age related than as a result of nefarious intent. That being said, doesn't she have something of the Rainbow Warrior about her?

Incidentally why not search around the Sky News link for that illuminating radio transmission between MV Mavi Marmara and IDF naval units.

B

9. I'd like to see them do a rainbow warrior on it....

10. I've been thinking the same thing since this all blew up. Of course it'd be much more fitting if the ship was squashed flat by some sort of Giant Engineering rig.

11. Under the painted on bow name you can clearly see a weld bead set around the lettering of a different name. Registered in Pnom Penh. She made it as far as Dundalk for her new paint job.

12. :D :D :D :D

13. I hope it sinks without trace and with no survivors.

14. Careful lads; they've had brekkie; getting closer!

15. Nothing like pushing your luck!!

these fcuking twats need to grow up and either have a full on war or make peace.