Aid ship MV Rachel Corrie on course for Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
In a fresh challenge to Israels siege of Gaza, a lone aid ship with a crew of 20 will attempt to deliver aid directly to Gaza, e.t.a. Saturday 5th June.

After the best example of how not to deal with such a challenge, any wild specultation on how Israel may handle this.... ?

I suspect they will try to block MV Rachel Corrie's passage but will not attempt to board, creating a stand-off and another media circus, as i guess is the activists aim.

More details in BBC story 'Gaza flotilla: Turkey threat to Israel ties over raid'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10236884.stm
 
#3
The IDF ought to board the vessel in full view of as much of the world's media as possible. Let's see if the people on board set about them with knives, bars and staves this time. The only change I would suggest is to wait until the vessel is in Israeli waters.
 
#4
I suspect your predictions are wrong.
 
#5
I think they might well send a boarding team, properly armed, actually.

After all, these 'peace' idiots have proven they are dangerous and can't be trusted.

Given that Israel doesn't give a monkey's about 'international opinion' when it's own military and security policy is concerned (if at all about anything), I really don't see all of the handwringers in the west having the slightest impact on Tel Aviv's response. Turkey isn't going to risk long-term separation from Israel either.

Btw, it isn't a 'siege' as Israel does let supplies in and doesn't want to capture it.
 
#6
More biased twaddle. That link is riddled with emotional language rather than objective reporting. Each time you post makes me more sympathetic towards Israel and I know that they are very unfair in their treatment of Palestinians.

You are no friend of ordinary Palestinians, you are just an enemy of Israelis.
 
#7
StickyEnd said:
You are no friend of ordinary Palestinians, you are just an enemy of Israelis.
Very good comment!
At least he's spelling ISREAL better this time!

:party:
 
#8
Pigshyt_Freeman said:
The IDF ought to board the vessel in full view of as much of the world's media as possible. Let's see if the people on board set about them with knives, bars and staves this time. The only change I would suggest is to wait until the vessel is in Israeli waters.
Far too much hassle, why risk people having to board the vessel?

Couple of these tends to get the message through.....

 
#9
I think I can predict the outcome and I am not psychic.
I can also predict the way this thread will develop.......

I admit to being slightly aroused by the following statement in the OP's post:

"I suspect they will try to block MV Rachel Corrie's passage". Oh sorry, it is a boat.
Edited to add, I have just seen her picture, so no longer "slightly aroused".
 
#12
StickyEnd said:
More biased twaddle. That link is riddled with emotional language rather than objective reporting. Each time you post makes me more sympathetic towards Israel and I know that they are very unfair in their treatment of Palestinians.

You are no friend of ordinary Palestinians, you are just an enemy of Israelis.
Sticky, i have read the article again and can find no 'emotional language' as you put it, only a reporting of the facts. Cut and paste the 'emotional language' you see in the report and let people judge.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wo...236884.stm

I am an enemy of israel? Only so much as UN Relief and Works Agency or UN high commissioner for human rights are. Here are their comments, in line with my own - i am just free to judge and speculate too.

Navi Pillay, UN high commissioner for human rights

I am shocked by reports that humanitarian aid was met with violence early this morning reportedly causing death and injury as the boat convoy approached the Gaza coast.

The blockade keeps undermining human rights on a daily basis.

The current situation falls far short of what is necessary for the population to lead normal and dignified lives.

I condemn once again the indiscriminate firing of rockets from Gaza into Israel.
Statement from the UN Relief and Works Agency

We are shocked by reports of killings and injuries of people on board boats carrying supplies for Gaza, apparently in international waters.

Such tragedies are entirely avoidable if Israel heeds the repeated calls of the international community to end its counterproductive and unacceptable blockade of Gaza.
 
#13
Rachel Corrie, Darwin Award winner for 2003

Sat down in front of an IDF Bulldozer and got flattened

Here she is Burning homemade US & Israeli flags in front of So-Called Palestinian children.




I'm sure she singing Kumbaya in that image....

You know in the states lefties have Rachel Corrie Pancake Breakfasts, true story....
 
#14
I find myself skipping over anything tubbs now posts after attempting to deny the holocaust.
 
R

renamed_user

Guest
#16
Goldbricker said:
Rachel Corrie, Darwin Award winner for 2003

Sat down in front of an IDF Bulldozer and got flattened

Here she is Burning homemade US & Israeli flags in front of So-Called Palestinian children.




I'm sure she singing Kumbaya in that image....

You know in the states lefties have Rachel Corrie Pancake Breakfasts, true story....
Clucking hell! angry girl wow, who pissed her off? I bet her fella was glad of the peace and quiet when she buggared off Hamas side.
 
#17
tubbs1970 said:
StickyEnd said:
More biased twaddle. That link is riddled with emotional language rather than objective reporting. Each time you post makes me more sympathetic towards Israel and I know that they are very unfair in their treatment of Palestinians.

You are no friend of ordinary Palestinians, you are just an enemy of Israelis.
Sticky, i have read the article again and can find no 'emotional language' as you put it, only a reporting of the facts. Cut and paste the 'emotional language' you see in the report and let people judge.
Nine people, mostly Turkish activists, died when Israeli troops stormed a ship
Thousands turned out in Istanbul on Thursday for the funeral services of eight other victims.
Meanwhile, the MV Rachel Corrie aid ship is heading towards the coast of Gaza, aiming to break the Israeli blockade.
Will that do, or do I need to continue? I am no fan of Israel but I am no fan of tossers wanting to use Palestinians as a political football either.
 
#18
slipperman said:
I admit to being slightly aroused by the following statement in the OP's post:

"I suspect they will try to block MV Rachel Corrie's passage". Oh sorry, it is a boat.
Rachel was actually quite fit, albeit with slightly loopy ideas and really rather dead now!

It amazes me that Brits are getting so distraught about this. After all there is an exact precedence, set by us during the Blockade of Palestine:

March 12, 1947

British military units captured most of the 800 Jews whose motor ship "Susanne" ran the British blockade and was beached north of Gaza on this date. A British naval escort brought the "Ben Hecht," the Hebrew Committee of National Liberation's first known immigrant ship, into Haifa, and its 599 passengers were shipped to Cyprus. The British arrested the crew, which included 18 US. seamen.
There's also The Exodus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Exodus

In which the ship was boarded and 3 people died, whilst 30+ were injured resisting the boarding party.
 
#19
Goldbricker said:
Rachel Corrie, Darwin Award winner for 2003

Sat down in front of an IDF Bulldozer and got flattened

Here she is Burning homemade US & Israeli flags in front of So-Called Palestinian children.

I'm sure she singing Kumbaya in that image....

You know in the states lefties have Rachel Corrie Pancake Breakfasts, true story....
Do you think that the punishment for burning representations of the US/Israeli flags should be crushing to death by bulldozer tracks Bricker?

The Rachel Corrie Pancake Breakfasts are events rather than products.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Latest Threads