AI Bashing

Discussion in 'ACF' started by walting_matilda, Nov 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OMG, For fear of starting a cadet AI/Walt bashing thread. I just want to have a little rant.

Why on this site is there constant Cadet AI bashing by “perceived” Reg/TA members on here? It is like some of you get a stiffy out of telling that AIs are shite. AIs are volunteers and this is not their fulltime jobs. I believe that if “some” (I never said all – before you get a stiffy) were to join the forces, with all the shit that they have to cope with (crap or no kit – scrounging around and pride swallowing begging just to get tip bits in order to achieve their cadet’s aims which actually benefits the Armed Forces as it opens their eyes to the MOD) would make fine soldiers and officers (in terms of management and communication skills). I’m not saying that they would make cracking infantry soldiers, well, let’s get real; there are some regs who would make disastrous infantry soldiers (that’s why they are not in the infantry – please do not kid yourself and say “It’s because I wanted a trade and I could be the best infantry soldier if I really wanted too).

My “X” Factor is preventing 200 kids not killing themselves every time I give them a weapon. My “X” Factor is dealing with parents who (like England football fans) think they are a better manager and know the cadet manual better than I. My “X” Factor is keeping up to date with the ever changing rules and regulation dealing with weapons and exercises.
    Now, if a guy was to commits a military faux pas by wearing a piece of uniform , so fcuking what. As we are constantly reminded “we are not in the army”. Please can someone tell that to the Chief of staff that and stop commissioning us with TA(B) commissions. t
    I know loads of “Mr Bens” in the cadet forces (AIs and Cadets) but you know what, I just laugh and if it is not hurting anyone then what the hell. Now, I understand about “men standing on the shoulders of heroes”. If a turd wants to dress up as an SAS soldier and publically deceive the public on important days like Remembrance Day and Anzac day etc. Then that needs to be stamped on. That is morally wrong. If a turd wants to try and make money out of the public but saying “hey, I’m ex SAS and want to teach you all their skills” then bang him up......... Fraud!!!!!!

But a guy dressing up to make him feel a bit better about himself and inspiring kids on different uniforms inst going to bring down the govt is it? FFS.

I challenge any reg to spend a year in our shoes. Even the CCT have respect for us. I spent 8 years in the regs and at the start I was like “fcuking cadets”. I admit it! But having now been with the cadets for 6 years I can see the value and the selfless hard work that the AIs do.

There is so much more I want to say but in the end its all about getting along. So, please cut the BS and let’s all work together.

2. Well said,by CCT I take you mean CTT?

3. Well done. You're not the one with the outrageous set of Bugger's Grips though are you? That does strike me as a bit unnecessary.

I was very much impressed with all the Cadet units at our recent Remembrance parade. Jolly good show.

4. Cheers! Just got a bit flustered with the rant..........

5. No replies? Strange it is so quiet.

6. No selfishly getting themselves from A-B and p*ssing the proper road users right off in the process

7. But the young use bikes before they get to use cars.

8. Hey thought this was about racisit crap, seems that you want some bling or what. Who cares about you having a hard time, it's time to grow up and take the rough with the smooth. I had the misfortune to do med cover for some cadet camp, kids were great just the staff in charge of them were ar holes thinking because they had on uniform with a commision they were important, well you are not. A real leader and an inspiration was on h rick 8, a snco came in on a stretcher in s it state like his boys in the other ambi's, his prioritys were treat the lads first, to that man in 16 air assult brigade I salute you. So pal you have a gripe with the regs/ ta think how lucky you are and if that seems a little unfair pay a visit to Royal Wooton Basset and gripe to the crowd there. waster.

9. This threat has nothing to do with those brave who serve out in Afghanistan. Please read the thread.

10. Well that was the sort of response you was really after isn’t it :roll:

11. No............. It wasn't...........

12. You like using ............... don't you :D

13. I'm a little confused, is this thread about the ACF or bikes v cars? :?

14. Are you Simon fffffing Cowel or what i.e

My “X” Factor is preventing 200 kids not killing themselves every time I give them a weapon. My “X” Factor is dealing with parents who (like England football fans) think they are a better manager and know the cadet manual better than I. My “X” Factor is keeping up to date with the ever changing rules and regulation dealing with weapons and exercises.

Or a drag artist i.e

But a guy dressing up to make him feel a bit better about himself

Get a life winger

15. .............................................. Yes lol