ahhh ! the hypocrisy of the First nation indians

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by semper, Mar 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I knew most of them are corrupt and couldn't organise a Pissup in a brewery most of the time, this however sucks a bit, I didn't know they owned slaves as well and they were complaining about Whites enslaving Indians and not respecting the line "All men are created equal" with regards to the Indians.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6416735.stm

I have found most Indians have an attitude problem toward anyone not of their tribe, especially the young ones, when one of them a Crow indian at that, found out one of my ancestor, a great great grandmother is a Cherookee, I could tell that their attitude changed a bit toward me and seemed to regard me even less, so much for Indian unity !! :lick:

at least GG Grandmother decided to stay in UK, she was treated quite well here it seems, tribalism is not an issue in England. :rambo: :thumright:

2. and to add to the above, the Navajo came down in the 1500s and drove the Hopi indians off their traditional land, in the end the Hopi are now in a very small area surrounded by Navajo and being enroached on, they are now fighting it out in the Courts.

http://www.kstrom.net/isk/maps/az/navhopi.html

3. Yeah... Alot of those tribes have a major attitude problem, some more than others. Some have more bitter histories than others. Funny you should mention the Crows, they have a major stick up there arrse and always have.

There's been a lot of revisionism with Indian history. It was decided that scalping was a myth created by the white man (it was not, and most actual indian historians will tell you that). They were, and are a proud people for the most part. However, if we have to come clean about wounded knee, they need to acknowledge their own dirty laundry. There is more shame in hiding the truth than facing it

4. Touched a bit of a sore nerve here. I spent a month some while back wandering about mainly Arizona and the bits adjoining. I had read the usual tourist-directed spiel about Native Indians and reservations but mentally assigned reservations as a varient of the retirement villages out there. I then stoped overnight at Kayenta on the run-in to Monument Valley. I wandered off to the local mall to get dinner. There were many native Indians there. Universally, the old seemed drunk - male and female - and the young looked as if on drugs. There was little of the noble savage there. I spoke to a few Americans when I thought it safe to raise the topic and it seems it is the tribal leaders' desire to remain apart that leads to this situation. I looked in on other reservations where it was OK to do so and formed the opinion that this elders attitude that was causing a lot of problems for the NI of today.

5. Largely accurate for some tribes. Like I said, it varies from tribe to tribe. The Nez Perce tribe (who's chief I derive my avatar from) has a good relationship with the current inhabitants of their traditional homeland. Many have moved back, and there has been little bickering and fussing.

On the other hand, there are tribes that say "you're either one of us (indians), or one of them (whites)" where leaving the reservation means your never welcome back. It really is kind of sad to see that

6. That was certainly the attitude of the NI guide who took us round the Valley. He said it was to keep their traditions and beliefs alive. I didn't say it but they hardly seemed great aspiartions.

7. I knew the Nez Perce are usually known for a positve attitude, the way to go forward