Ah yes that Special Relationship......

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Barely_Black, Jan 13, 2011.

?

That Good ol Special Relationship is....

Poll closed Feb 15, 2011.
  1. of course as good as ever...hip hip hoorah

8.3%
  2. an enduring comfort blanket for the insecure

16.7%
  3. an enduring polite fiction which both sides should happily ditch

58.3%
  4. an enduring source of heartburn to leaders on both sides

8.3%
  5. essential to Britains place in the world ?

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SOURCE
    ( appallingly off-message tabloid widely derided by the Chatterati....daily circulation 2.1M)

2. already done to death on "cheese eating allies"

3. really? not seen - link plse.

4. see thread "cheese eating allies"

5. Ah the fabled Zambian sense of humour......if I could find your thread ex-C I would n't have posted here....perhaps you would bear with the ageing and infirm and provide something more helpful.,

6. Zambia, Zambia, herrumf, I would have you know it was good old Northern Rhodesia when I was there sir!! ;-)
    Sorry, as you were posting I thought you could look it up on the "last 50" search!
    Out of interest were you there, Zambia or NR?
    Thread here:- http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/155850-cheese-eating-allies.html

7. ex-C and steven

thanks for that link - seen,chortled and returned.

Have to say sense of humour failure on my part as I didn't think to look in the Naafi bar - where the topic has received the studious attention it deserved, as evidenced by this fairlly representative remark

Oxford Union eat ya heart out :)

I was teasing re Zambia, just to get your blood pressure up a notch.....not had the privelege but a long time ago worked with a very downbeat Mancunian called David Shaw who had spent a lot of time working in the Copperbelt and told me what a fab place Jinja was before the damn natives got uppitty.

I'm guessing only hardened US Arrsers venture far into the NAAFI bar - apologies for being a simp.

Bare