Aguillette cavalry style lanyard

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Deadmed, Aug 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the rules on wearing the Aguillette when I get married next year I'm a SNCO not in a cavalry unit, I've seen people wearing them at weddings but can't find anything in dress regs???

2. Quite simple - If there are not part of your uniform, don't wear one!

Our soldiers had a nasty habit of borrowing drummers bugle cords to bling their uniforms up on these occasions.

If you have a uniform be proud of it and what you are. We spend hours on here slanging off 'Walts' - don't become one yourself and then rue the day.

3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Aguillette walting? Is there a guide?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well don't want to be classed as a Walt for wearing a fancy lanyard lol. Will have to see how many positives and negatives I get from blokes on here!. ;-)

5. I got married in uniform to my first wife when I was still in the mob. No 2's and a beret. no belt and not even wearing my medals. Just the ribbons. To me it was just wearing a suit to a special occasion and because I was in the army, the suit was my no 2's. I wasn't interested in dressing up.

After all the threads on here about what you can wear and what you can't wear at your wedding, looking back, I think I was probably distincly underdressed! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. You have a uniform which is yours. It reflects years of regimental tradition and a proud history. Wear it as per regs with pride.

You are a soldier not a debutant. Ditch the bling, and if you need to impress your wife to be with bling, ditch her too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll take that as negative Joe!?

8. Point taken guys!
    What about spurs??

9. As with all things dress related a chat with your RSM will provide the answer, presumably you will invite him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Certainly will CQ he is in my guard of honour! Will discuss his thoughts on the lanyard,( not sure if it is classed as bling) just not sure if it's accepted as best dress, as struggling to find dress regs for weddings / special occasions!
    Spurs was a joke :nod:

11. HHH

HHH LE

What are you not telling us ??
    Your link in your post leads to this!!

[​IMG]

12. Lmao how bizarre I typed in dress regs and that's what appeared! My blood ran cold when I thought that I had posted that on here?... It's possibly a Commando thing lol

13. Along with the aguillette and spurs don't forget that you are entitled to wear the next rank up for your wedding day. A WOII crown is always going to look good and will bring tears of pride to your RSM's eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maybe he could ask HM to borrow the Crown Jewels for the occasion? Bet he'd look darling in a tiara.

Always good to spiff up your uniform with some extra medals, too. Maybe someone he knows has a VC he's not using that day.

• Like Like x 1