Agressive Camping

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by commzmeanzbombz, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi G4 Gang,

First things first, Ive gone soft!

After 14 yers of ponchos and bivvis I borrowed a tent the other night and now im converted. I can NEVER go back to roughing it ever again!

It needs to be light, small enough to go on the ouside of a bergen, DPM or at least dark green, very quick to erect and take down, ideally double skinned and 2 man (So I can fit my kit/lover in) and most of all below the £50 quid mark.

What do you reckon, is my dream accomodation out there or do I need to have a word and stop aggressive camping and rough it like a real man?

Even better would be if anyone is giving one away :D

Cheers,

Dave

2. Well if you were going for a proper back-packing tent, which often come in a selection of neutral colours including green/Black or khaki-ish ( but not camo ) you will really be looking at the £100 to £ 200 + mark as new.

Coleman

Vango

Are the main ones that spring to mind.

For £50 you are going to be looking at something from Highlander...im sure I have seen a camo/green 2 man tent from them at that price.....but I have never used or been up close to one to attest to their quality. I would imagine that " you get for what you pay " would be valid here though.

3. Fair one, Ive googled and e-bayed but nothing of note leaps out at me, there are some interesting "pop up" jobs that might be worth a look.

It doesnt need to last forever so I dont want to shell out too much brass for it. (I am from Yorkshire and very very tight!)

4. Why not treat yourself to a 5 star hotel with room service, then you can walt it up that you've roughed it as air crew... :roll:

5. I thought this was another para mortars thread.... :muhaha:

6. How could that possibly be?

Just because he's done 14 years of poncho's & bivvi's, does not make him a Para Mortarman. 8O

7. mmm, they do have the nasty habit of being rather circuler though, youll have to duct tape it to the front of your bag.

8. [​IMG]

I give you the Dutch, two man, DPM tent for under 50 notes. And it was on e-bay.

9. Because the 3 PARA mortar quip along with '49 Para', 'Wah', 'Shed', 'Them' and 'Underwater knife fighting course' are the most boring, over-used (normally bu civvies too) expressions I've ever heard. I bet not a single one of them cnuts has ever had Digger's Prince Albert clanged off their teeth.

Back on subject - Aussie hooped bivi bag is nice and light and adequate for 'military camping'. Ebay has had a few on recently.

10. Or had any real slipstream up their arrse!!! :lol:

11. Missed that one, I shall take a look!

12. Memories of my MFC days....

What you're looking for is a CP tent. That and a No.2 Burner. Any fool can be uncomfortable in the field... Of course, it's a bit of a load to carry...

13. There you go you hetero-tiger!! Thats the badger....its not DPM but as long as you camp in a flowery meadow you should be fine!!
    [​IMG]