Agnostic - but willing to change my views - convince me!

I have always been on the fence as far as religion goes(just in case) and am amazed by the faith people have in a better place after we pop our clogs.
Last night after a day of merryment and lager, I had the normal wierd thoughts.
I thought to myself it was only 20 years ago that Ileft the army, but seemed like only yesterday, so, 20 years from now is not far away and I will be feckin 70!
So I need some help in thinking that when It's time to go, and presuming I am still a good lad, there will be shed loads of virgins or other nice things to look forward to, personaly I think religion is the cause of enough shite in this world, but it would be nice to believe there was something to look forward to when we peg it!
I'm not about to top meself, and this is the naafi so all incoming is expected, but anyone out there thinking the same? or can anyone talk me into going to church later instead of the pub :wink:

five-minute-fagbreak said:
I have always been on the fence as far as religion goes(just in case) and am amazed by the faith people have in a better place after we pop our clogs.
I thought to myself it was only 20 years ago that Ileft the army, but seemed like only yesterday, so, 20 years from now is not far away and I will be feckin 70!
So I need some help in thinking that when It's time to go, and presuming I am still a good lad, there will be shed loads of virgins or other nice things to look forward to, personaly I think religion is the cause of enough shite in this world, but it would be nice to believe there was something to look forward to when we peg it!
I'm not about to top meself, and this is the naafi so all incoming is expected, but anyone out there thinking the same? or can anyone talk me into going to church later instead of the pub :wink:
I'm a virgin, PM me.

Psst, you'd better be ginger.

Oh, and what colour pants are you wearing?

yes if you want to touch young boys instead of getting the beers in

get a grip fella

read the bible cover to cover, this will awnser any of your questions ... if it doesn't, screw it you've read the bible now, you might as well call yourself a christian.

Mr_Cid said:
read the bible cover to cover, this will awnser any of your questions ... if it doesn't, screw it you've read the bible now, you might as well call yourself a christian.
won't it just leave him confused with all the contradictions, bored, and annoyed that he's wasted all that time reading it?

Seriously though, Religion is dog toffee. It causes most wars.

"My God is better than yours"

"No he's not"

Smash.

I went to Sunday School and there is only one God, he has a beard and smells funny and makes you sing shite songs.

Pub or Church? Pub wins everytime. Unless you are going to hear your Banns or are forced to have a Church Parade.

Or it's Remembrance Sunday. I don't mind going to church then. I always take tissues though - not to wipe my medals off - because I bleat like a hooer when I hear The Last Post.

Go CofE - it's for winners.

Good day Five Min. No one knows and I doubt anyone ever will. The thing

to do is just enjoy your life as much as possible and don't worry about the

years, they will slip by soon enough.

And let me tell you a little secret, there is absolutely nothing wrong with

being in your seventies. Oh!, I know, when you're young it seems fecking

dreadful but once you get there it's not so bad. Good health is the key

to it. If you're healthy, you can still root, still drink, although perhaps not

so much, still have fun with your mates and generally you have a bob

or two to ease things along.

Another good tip, is to enjoy the company of women of your own age or

thereabouts. Nothing more pathetic than old guys lusting after women

that they are never going to get, unless they are a millionaire.

Be happy with what you've got.

The Church thing, I go along there regularily for the social side of

things and because I enjoy the music. It's also very rare that I am

not invited to share lunch with some one or other. I play up the

bachelor living alone bit and as I am still reasonably presentable,

I get "pulled" regularily.

This doesn't sound very soldierly and it's not like the great pissups we

had in the mob, but put it into perspective.

As for life after death.....I seriously don't think so, but that is just my

opinion, some believe it implicitly, so each to his own.

Live and let live and whatever will be will be.

Good luck and I have just noticed that this is the NAAFI......but feck it,

I have typed it all now, so it can stay.

The late Sir James Goldsmith, ferocious gambler, rampant sh*gger and all round scourge of the establishment once said that everybody should be religious as it's the ultimate long-odds bet.
Very little time and money input from the individual, but the rewards are collossal. A few Sunday mornings, a few quid in the collection box and the chance of eternal happiness!

It makes the Euro millions lottery look like a side bet by 6 year olds over who will be first to the sweet shop on their bikes.

Beleive in the Christian God and be meek..... Or burn in hell for all eternity.

Your choice.

:twisted:

insert-coin-here said:
The_Snail said:
[
Pub or Church? Pub wins everytime.
Personally I think there is a lot to be said for church,I try to worship there as much as I can.
CLICK AND REPENT OH YE SINNERS!
yes with you all the way brother ... been there a few times and army navy days always a scream

bitterandtwisted said:
insert-coin-here said:
The_Snail said:
[
Pub or Church? Pub wins everytime.
Personally I think there is a lot to be said for church,I try to worship there as much as I can.
CLICK AND REPENT OH YE SINNERS!
yes with you all the way brother ... been there a few times and army navy days always a scream
My first time there I went with a load of guys from PARA Regt,I have never seen as much debauchery and abject stupidity outside of thailand in my life.

Fucking cracking weekend :D

If there is no such thing as God - please explain Kate Beckinsdale

The problem with believing in a god because you might get some nice stuff when you die is that you have to sacrifice an awful lot of nice stuff that you definitely have right now. Peronally, I'd rather bank on having a good life now and possibly have to deal with the absence of god when I die, rather than constrain myself living according to the dictates of a bunch of long-dead lunatics. So don't go to church. Stay in and read The God Delusion (by His Holiness Richard of Dawkins) instead.

Edited to add: in any case, if you've been "good", then any god worth her salt wouldn't punish you just because you didn't believe in her. Boycott the old testament idea that god is as much of a petty, vindictive cunt as you or I :D

Regardless of your religion, or what your headshed is called, hes a cnut, so why bother?

Your born, you live, and then you die, so enjoy it while it lasts, your a long time dead.