Aging process

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Canberra, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.
    I was a member of arrse many years ago. I though I would rejoin and see what goes. I did NS in the Royal artillery, 46(m) HAA at Bulford. Three months after demob, I joined the RAF, learned a trade and worked on Lincolns and Canberras. Now at 79 I put time in at the local aviation museum. I served 30 years with Air Cadets, received the Long Service and bar and the Commandants Commendation. The medal goes well with my GSM (Malalya) Any idea where I can get a 19 or 22 radio set?

Ken

2. Fcukin Hell.....79................This forum was MADE for you :soldier:

and nope.. I don't know where you can get a radio from, people younger than 78 use iPods these days :)

3. Blinking flip Canberra!!
    I thought you was still using semaphore flags then? :)

4. Hi, Canberra, and welcome back. There's a No 19 set available here (clicky), but it's certainly not cheap at £350.

Best wishes

Don

5. We had 19 sets in our CCF which were stencilled in Russian, as they were part of a consigment destined to help Uncle Joe.
    Plus the wonderous SR 88, Teleset J and the Switchboard Magneto 10, happy days!

6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

SM10? Rings a bell - if you'll pardon the pun. I have this gut feeling we were still using them on the BAOR FLOT in the late 70s. Mind the way my gut is rumbling today that could be anything.

7. It isn't the Canberra that ages him it's the Old Avro Lincoln!!! 8O

A warm welcome to ARRSE and the Old 'n' Bold

GW

(I worked on Canberra's too ....shhhhhh) ;-)