agincourt

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by growler, Oct 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. watched this prog last night. Marvellous stuff! Nothing like a whole hour about the frogs getting a proper pasting!

2. Saw it too, still a bit surpirsed that the Americans weren't there they seem to have won all other conflicts. :!:

3. YET :D :D :D

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yeah, but how about the CIC !

What a leader of men ! What a tactician ! What an orator !

By the end of the programme you felt that regardless of the rabble beneath him, the battle was a foregone conclusion.

It's wonderful we still follow him......

'Cry, "Mammon for Tony, Europe and St. Cherie !" '

:twisted:

5. JB

JB Clanker

Henry V's at the battle of Agincourt: he's been seeking the French for weeks and finally they heave into view. His archers plant their stakes and brace themselves for the onslaught, and as the first French cavalrymen come crashing down on them, Henry seizes a quill pen and parchment from a scribe, dashes off a note, seals it and hands it to a herald, telling him to take it to Westminster with all despatch. The messanger rides for Calais, for all he's worth, his horse dies under him and he goes on on foot; there are no boats left at Calais so he swims the channel, runs on from Dover, his feet bleeding and his heart fit to give out. Finally he staggers up the steps of the royal council chamber and collapses at the feet of the Archbishop of Canterbury holding out the still-sealed scroll. The Archbishop opens the message, looks at the campaign map on the table, nods sagely and hands it to his fellow councillors. The exhausted herald asks if he might know the vital contents of the message he has suffered so much to carry through. The Archbishop murmurs his assent and the man takes the parchment, it reads "Contact. WAIT OUT."
    Well, it made me laugh.

6. LoL hehehehe It least it hasn't given him radiation burns

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BRILLIANT !

Cheers JB - sorted my day out !

8. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

:D :D :D There were times when I think I was that Herald! It seems like the army will never change.

9. :D Im getting thoswe funny looks again :lol: :lol:

10. ....and the Archbishop scratches out the reply "Fay Againe, My Lorde?"

11. Followed by the Scribe at the back of the room waiting until no one was looking and then sending an anonymous note back to the front saying

"mnamana"

:D

12. We were.

John Wayne commanded the US Army expeditionary force.

13. Not bloody Agincourt again!
    When we were finally relieved and I got posted back to Blighty the QM made me pay for some chain mail I lost as I couldn't prove I lost it under arrow fire.
    What a Bas*ard!

14. He's obviously not in the Royal Signals then. Running from Dover to Westminster would be well beyond the limits of most of us scalies who have trouble finding the energy to operate the on/off swith of the play station in the box body. :D :D