Agghhhh. Horrible cold one day to go before basic

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by soldier.a, Apr 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well here I am at some god awful hour one day to go before I begin basic training and I have the cold from hell. Coughing, blocked nose, sneezing, the works.

Having said that I still feel I am good to go and I'm still planning to as it takes more than the sniffles to put me down. However I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Would it be bad form to go and potentially expose the other lads to my cold? Also what are the chances of being binned straight away the minute someone notices?
  2. Just get your backside there. Saying you didn't turn up because you had a cold just sounds like a lame arsed excuse.
  3. Dont be f*cking gay. You'll have caught a cold in the first week anyway. Are you hoping you'll be discharged for a sniffle?.....too late. You're there for at least a month.
  4. Thanks fellas. It does sound paranoid but I was sh*tting myself more at the prospect of not being allowed to start training than not wanting to go or being bollocked for turning up and spreading the clap to everyone. ;)
  5. Dr Desmond Morris would say that a cold was a "primitive cry for help"
    On the other hand, I believe that there are some 2000+ so far identified virus that cause cold type symptoms. The way you get immunity to them is to catch them.
    So go and share the cold with your fellow trainees: So as you're getting better, they will be more fecked than you and you will shine :twisted:

edit: mong spelling
  6. where do you start training? pirbright by any chance?
  7. **** me, where's your sniffles cuz i had clap and it came from me cock not from me nose!!

oh by the way you'll get a bunk-room-bug anyway, it's what happens when them scruffy northern fooks discover running water and pollute us southerners showers!
  8. Deasinf: No it's Bassingbourn.

Hmm germ warfare. I'll have to keep that in mind and sneeze in the direction of anyone who looks like he has a chance of beating me during the CO's run and shoot competition.

Sorry cheggers, I am one of those dirty northern fooks you refer to. However I promise I won't take a dump in the showers...

much... :wink:
  9. Yeh you tell him dont dump in shower cr@p in the stinking southeners streets.
  10. Shut up gay boy oh and good luck enjoy.