Agency fuel cards

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ViroBono, Jan 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Filled up a hire car yesterday at a garage, but at checkout the staff said that despite the signs showing that they accepted the cards, they now do not. I did not pay, but have to return today to resolve the matter.

    Anyone know where I stand on this - do I pay for it and claim the cost back through the system, is there a method whereby MoD pay directly, or will I have to pay for it and siphon the fuel into my own car?
  2. VB Has happened to me in the past i opted to pay at the time and claimed the money back via the RAO. They just have a simple form to fill in with the reciept attached as proof. You may have to get a chit from MT or whatever to say you were on an authorised journey etc etc.

    Handed the form in to the RAO and got my money back about 6 months later! :wink: (Well a few days actually but there is no point trying to make out that the AGC are efficient, no one would believe me any way) :D
  3. ^^^^ what he said! It's happened to me when the civvy MT doris gave me an out of date fuel card which I failed to notice. I had to send a form to Bde G4 who authorised me to put in a claim for actuals in this instance. Just keep the receipt and there shouldn't be any problems.
  4. Thanks - I thought this would be the case, but wanted to be forearmed in case of waffle from the admin types.
  5. As i work at the place where the contract is written up and the cards are issued, you may want to PM for a number to the person who deals with this.