Ageism

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Goody1964, Jan 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I am not sure if this is in the right section but I know I will be pulled into line sharpish if it is not.

My fellow comrades I am still serving in the TA Infantry, now I am fairly fit and I asked to go onto the PSBC TA course, now my RSM has stated that I am too old. I have also been informed by a relaiable Officer that the forces do not have Crown Immunity and this would be classed as Ageism, now I am not looking to go all legal and claim unfairness etc, I dont agree with thos who try their best to find an easy claim.

I want it straight at 46 can I or can I not attend, there is a long story and I will not bore anyone with the details nor will i tell if anyone PM's me, those who know me know I am passionate and the reason why I am asking.

Look forward to your replies, and I also expect some abuse in the good olde fashion squaddie leg pulling.

2. Is Puttees your dad?

(Not the face, not the face) xx

3. Have a look at the Infantry courses book on Armynet (Search for Platoon Sergeants’ Battle Course) . No mention on the PSBC TA page about an age limit.

Are you Puttees Dad?

Shiny

4. Cheers Shiny

I will check it out, I remeber wearing them, lol, and to make it quicker cut off the strap and I stitched velcor to the end. those were the days, and you are showing your age remembering them.

Goody

5. The_Snail,

LOL, PMSL

6. God..I must be getting old, I remember Gaiters!!!