Ageism

Now I am not sure if this is in the right section but I know I will be pulled into line sharpish if it is not.

My fellow comrades I am still serving in the TA Infantry, now I am fairly fit and I asked to go onto the PSBC TA course, now my RSM has stated that I am too old. I have also been informed by a relaiable Officer that the forces do not have Crown Immunity and this would be classed as Ageism, now I am not looking to go all legal and claim unfairness etc, I dont agree with thos who try their best to find an easy claim.

I want it straight at 46 can I or can I not attend, there is a long story and I will not bore anyone with the details nor will i tell if anyone PM's me, those who know me know I am passionate and the reason why I am asking.

Look forward to your replies, and I also expect some abuse in the good olde fashion squaddie leg pulling.

Now I am not sure if this is in the right section but I know I will be pulled into line sharpish if it is not.

My fellow comrades I am still serving in the TA Infantry, now I am fairly fit and I asked to go onto the PSBC TA course, now my RSM has stated that I am too old. I have also been informed by a relaiable Officer that the forces do not have Crown Immunity and this would be classed as Ageism, now I am not looking to go all legal and claim unfairness etc, I dont agree with thos who try their best to find an easy claim.

I want it straight at 46 can I or can I not attend, there is a long story and I will not bore anyone with the details nor will i tell if anyone PM's me, those who know me know I am passionate and the reason why I am asking.

Look forward to your replies, and I also expect some abuse in the good olde fashion squaddie leg pulling.
Is Puttees your dad?

(Not the face, not the face) xx

Have a look at the Infantry courses book on Armynet (Search for Platoon Sergeants’ Battle Course) . No mention on the PSBC TA page about an age limit.

Are you Puttees Dad?

Shiny

Cheers Shiny

I will check it out, I remeber wearing them, lol, and to make it quicker cut off the strap and I stitched velcor to the end. those were the days, and you are showing your age remembering them.

Goody

God..I must be getting old, I remember Gaiters!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Royal Signals 10
Ancient_Hush_Puppy Army Pay, Claims & JPA 35
old_bloke The Intelligence Cell 18