Age Waiver & Int Corps

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by pandina, Aug 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening chaps,

I have just received confirmation that I have been granted an age waiver in order to be loaded on to Commissioning Course 141 in January 2014. At the grand old age of 25, I have previously been looking at the Adjutant General's Corps, but since I have been granted a waiver, I am now looking at the Int Corps.

I am aware that the Int Corps is heavily subscribed and I was wondering if there is anyone on here who is waiting to get a place for entry. If so, how long are you expecting to wait before being offered a place on the course.

Many thanks.

2. Oh, are you upset? I do apologise

Perhaps you'd like to consider writing an 'acceptable posts' terms of reference, you know, just to prevent the obvious distress this one has caused you.

you take care now.

3. Oh, I see how it works now and I can see that this forum is a waste of time.

I'll just slope off.

4. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Why would you need an age waiver if you are going to RMAS at 25, the upper age limit is 26?

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Everyone who has posted in this thread take a look at the rules in the sticky at the top of this board... and enjoy your ROPs.

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The answer is that the Int Corps didn't ultimately sign up to the overage 'confirmed cadet' scheme, so you may be out of luck but regimental selection is made whilst you are at RMAS, so I would suggest that you wait and see.

7. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

That would be harsh as I only asked a question on the requirement for an age waiver and said nothing abusive or in contravention of the rules.

8. Too late. He's spanked us with 5 infraction points.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Me, too. I'm also on the norty step. =-(

Didn't know what 'crayoning' was, me.

By jeez, I'm really feeling old today.

tac

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

And you'll note that you didn't get ROPs.

Seriously, the whole point of this forum is that we are trying to be helpful. Almost everyone has a lot of what might seem to us 'old and bold' as naive and silly questions when they are first contemplating a military career. We can offer real help to potential officers and recruits by gently steering them towards the right answers, not by jumping down their throats or getting snarky and sneery with them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. thanks cpunk :)

12. To answer the question regarding my need for an age waiver,

I am 26 in October and despite applying in time, I have "fallen foul of the reduced intake size in September 2013 and would otherwise be over 26 years of age when entering the commissioning course in January 2014."

13. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Thinking about this, I suspect the age waiver means you aren't tied to any particular career path so the key is to do extremely well at RMAS and you will then have all the regiments and corps beating down your door to try to recruit you. The ball is in your court.

14. great, thank you very much.

15. We don't need no stinkin' old boy officers, 'innit.

Good luck though, we're not just heavily subscribed, we're very heavily oversubscribed. Still, you've got to be in it to win it, so put your best foot forward and start impressing people.