Age related promotion?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stu_TAtech, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is an idiotic question but someone told me ages ago that if you are over the age of 23 when you join the TA you get a promotion to Lance Corporal straight away.

Is this true?

Personally I thought the guy was talking out his arrse but thought I'd ask anyway.

2. Load of cow pats!
  3. Sounds excellent, based on that theory I should be a SGT.
  4. i'm a TA Sgt and i'm only 19.
  5. The way this guy described it to me was that it was to do with maturity etc. Im in the process of joining 2 Royal Irish at the min but im not going to knock on my sgts door and go "whats all this promotion craic about then?" I'll get myself tagged as a bloody oxygen thief!
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Tell you what, pass your recruits course, spend long enough in your unit to be recommended for a PJNCO course, and then attend and pass said course.

At that point, knock on your OCs door and say "sir, I am now 25 years old" (or as appropriate).

You will then be considered for promotion to LCpl based on your age.

Edit: So far before joining you have yourself lined up for promotion to LCpl and attendance on P Coy. Concentrate on passing your recruit cadre first!
  7. Does your village have free internet access for you as their idiot to ask bone questions?

FFS of course it's true! Were you asleep when they did that bit of the brief.... 'oh, and you boys over 23, you get a tape straight away, so if you're nearly 23, come back and join in 6 months time, and you'll get one too'!

8. :oops: Dont get me wrong, im not looking for an easy promotion or anything like that. I was just curious.
  9. All new contracts are LTOS , not ATOS , old chap
  10. Look guys I thought this was a place to ask questions not get a slagging. (Well, maybe in the NAAFI)

Im just curious about some rumours that I heard and (to duke) what my CA sgt is telling me. Sorry again for sounding stupid I just dont know any better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.