• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Age question

Just thinking outloud, heres a question ive come up with....

Im 23 in october and i was thinkin if i done the full 22 years ill be 45(omg scary!) anyway at what age at joining are you not aloud to do 22 years?

Being able to retire on a full pension at 45! Happy with that.
I'm 29 in October and I'm joining up for the full 22 even if my years spent in the Navy don't count.

I'll still be able to retire at 51 a damn better option than working yourself into the grave in civvy street.

Wafu said:
Being able to retire on a full pension at 45! Happy with that.
I'm 29 in October and I'm joining up for the full 22 even if my years spent in the Navy don't count.

I'll still be able to retire at 51 a damn better option than working yourself into the grave in civvy street.
Anything is better than civvy street, including doing the worlds worse task in the army. Nuff said.

I think it is now 32(depending on what job?) the oldest you can join and do 22 years.
I think the average age is going up now the versatile engagement is coming in as well.
It getting a bit like the yanks they have soldiers up to the age of 60 who still deploy on ops to Irag, Afghan etc.

Cheers for all the replys, thats answered my question.
I was just curious really, which is great about this forum you can type and question you want and you'll get an answer :D

Latest Threads