Age limit on Reservists

Discussion in 'Australia' started by TaffJ, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a reasonable fit 49 year old ex British squaddie, I was wondering if there is an upper limit on age when joining the ADF reserves. :?: Be gentle with an old man :)

2. The upper age limit depends on what you want to do. If you want to be an armourer (fitter armament) the upper age is 58 years. It may be a touch lower if you want to be an infantryman.

Google 'defence jobs australia' to find a link to the ADF recruiting experience.

HTH

3. Thanks for that, I have looked on the ADF site but there is no mention of an upper age (unless my old peepers are letting me down) I might pop on down to the local recruit office for a cup of milo and a nice chat. I was thinking along the medic line and not one of 'them' surprisengly.

4. Look under 'general requirements' for each trade.

looks like 55 for scablifters

HTH

5. Hey mate

there was a 54 yr old at Kapooka with me joining Inf, and a 56 year old medic. I think there was an ageism case brought against the ADF a few years ago and now they take them a bit older than before.

6. thanks for that pommydigger.

7. Taff I was 39 when I rejoined to do officer training in the Chockos. There are blokes who got through who were older than I. When I finished the FAC I was coming up on 42.

The FAC does a fair bit of infantry minor tactics, enough fire and movement to last me a lifetime :cool:

Shouldn't be a drama, good luck!