Age limit for TACC Direct Entry?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by chardy, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Please excuse the life story, but you'll see why it's relevant if you make it that far:

I'm 38 and have recently finished TSC (Bravo) at Pirbright :D
    I'm currently at University studying Biomedicine and will be continuing with Medicine afterwards. I'll graduate as a doctor in 2016.
    I got a pretty good report from Pirbright and my OC was happy for me to apply for Officer Training now - I'd like to do it so I have some real work experience as an MSO before I'm a doctor.
    Unfortunately just as I was about to fill in the initial application form today, I got the message that there is a maximum age of 35 at completion of Direct Entry. Which scuppers it somewhat.

My Squadron are asking whether there's any way around this, and I wondered whether anyone here knows anything that may help.

If not, I'll have to wait until I'm a Doctor, then do the PQO.

Thanks in advance
  2. Your unit needs to apply for an exception through your CoC to your Bde Comd. They should then liaise with your RTC and RMAS to get you through to AOSB.

They should have started this process whilst you were still doing TSC(A)...
  3. ...if they actually want you to commission.
  4. thanks. This is all I needed to know - as long as applications can be made as "exceptions to the rule" there should be nothing to worry about…….

… long as they want me to commission, as you put it. ;)
  5. msr

msr LE

But the are exceptions and exceptions. You need to get the ball rolling on this v. soon.

6. and of course assuming that you can cut it as an Officer...