• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Age limit for RGRs

Dear all,

I'm starting RMAS in Sept, and on (hopefully) passing out I'll be 27 and 7 months. Earlier this month I e-mailed the regimental secretary of the RGRs and asked if it would be possible to attend a Fam Visit or POC. I got a very nice reply that, in short, stated that I wouldn't be considered for a commission as I'd be 28 by the time I was able to effectively start work within the RGRs.

Now, I'm prepared to take this on the chin, despite having a love for the regiment, and am fully prepared to go for Paras, Rifles, RIrish etc. But I was wondering if I shouldn't let this lie and continue to badger for an interview at the very least?

Any advice would be welcomed,

Cheers

Latest Threads