age limit for 23 SAS selection

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jonny36, Jan 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the age limit to transfer across to 23 SAS for selection?

2. msr

msr LE

3. Damm to old.

When I did selection in the early 90's with 21 SAS I am sure there was an officer doing the course who was late 30's?

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I thought it had gone up to 36 with previous - I'd suggest you double-check over the phone.

5. 32 without previous military experience, 34 with.
    Exceptions may be made for exceptional candidates, but you're not Ken Hames are you.

6. Load of old and bold twats in my day. Thats me in the shit next november

7. Yet another thread back from the dead for absolutely no reason. Good job.

8. My mate Dave has just passed and he's 42

9. Good old Dave, I saw him in the naafi last night, have you heard about Dingerr and Dusty ?

10. no reason???????????? someone wants to know. isnt that what this site is for??????

11. Yes, although why one is going for the full operation and the other is just having the implants is beyond me.

12. Wah, you nearly had me then

13. i know a bloke, who knows a bloke called dave who knew a bloke that once served with a bloke who passed selection aged over 40. this is true. honest

14. Ive heard 23 are desperate for blokes right now. So, I think age may not be the issue it could be.

I think 23 (and 21) could increase the number of people going for it by running a continuous selection block for already trained TA soldiers, as an alternative to the weekend route. I should imagine that this would make it a lot more attractive to a lot of people. The continous, consolidated training aspect could work out to have higher pass rates possibly as well.

Perhaps run this block every year or every other year, not to replace the weekend path but to add another selection and intake stream. The TA has had some success with training blocks in the past: Midlands Challenge (consolidated block of Phase1, Phase 2 training), Summer Leader (consolidated Mod 2, Mod 3) etc. have good attendance (and pass rates I think).