Age gap - To be or not to be?

Discussion in 'Lonely Hearts' started by dirty_monkey, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I know how useful all you chaps on arrse are, I would like your opinions on the following situation or problem depending on how one sees it.

Basically I have met a chap, sadly not serving in one of HM services but nevertheless a nice chap, the problem is he is a tad older then me say 11 years older ......

however the question I keep asking myself is - do I give things a go or do I move on to someone younger as I know an age gap can cause many problems :?

All advice/opinions would be appreciated.

2. How old are you?

If you're 16, its wrong.

If youre 30 and he's 41, its a bit different.
  3. For a bloke - half your age + 7 is the norm. That's why we can never ever be monogamous, we have to trade down every two years. French women seem to have no problem with this.
  4. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I was 16 she was a 29 year old nun. Talk about pressure.
  5. I'm 21 so it doesn't help that much with the confusion of what to do

21 and 32 do not seem that bad but yet at the same time it does ???
  6. My grandpa told me (right before he fell into a drunken stupor) that women are as old as they look and men are as old as they feel.

How old do you look?
  7. 21 and 32 isn't too bad at all.

Just be aware that he's probably after a shag and all his mates think he's a Jedi for nailing a young'un.
  8. I have to say in his defence he isn't one of those shag only guys I've been particularly careful about that I won't go into details but he is one of the nice ones but still the age gap is freaking me out. :(

I also happen to be friends with his friends and they all think we should try and give things a go so there are not patting him on the back and saying well done for nailing a lass thats quite a bit younger than you. It's all really up to me to decide as I know how he feels I just cant decide what to do :? :?
  9. Ok, lets look at this:

1)He isn't trying to ram you

2)His mates think he's quality and arn't sniggering as they say it

3)You like him

Do it! Its better than not doing anything and then looking back for a few years to come wondering "what if". 11 years isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things.

10. How re-assuring to find you are so unsure that you ask advice here.

You have plenty of life ahead of you so give it a go and see what happens. As long as he isn't taking advantage, or you for that matter, and are having fun give it a whirl.
  11. I really don't think age matters. There are age-gaps I read about and feel rather sick about (think Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall :dead:) but 11 years is fine, so long as you're on the same wavelength and don't feel that you're a generation apart. My parents have an 11 years age-gap and despite choosing to separate after 25 years of marriage and 3 children, have an enduring friendship that makes them closer than many of their still married friends. Try to ignore any perceived social judgements, just make the decision based on how YOU feel, both individually and as a couple.
  12. Why not see what it's like with someone 27 years older. Then, if it doesn't suit, you can always find somebody younger (perhaps just an 11 year age gap)? :)
  13. Not in the eyes of the law!!!!! :twisted:
  14. Just do it. But remember, sometimes, you may do something , because of your youth that may be embarrassing to him. Like vomiting over your shoes, singing in a loud voice and falling off your heels in public. Flirting with all and sundry will probably get on his chebs too.

When he acts with grave maturity whilst you're making a spectacle of yourself, try not to refer to him as 'a boring old t wat". Being 11 years older, the sex should be better too. No more drunken fumbling (Well not much) and incessant pounding thinking that's what works. By now he should have some peoper techniques up his sleeve, and you will think your lucky stars you decided to do it.

Oh, and if he's an Arrser , try not to make him look a c*** in front of 21,000 people.

Hope this helps :D
  15. Oh PTP, with that prose........ maybe I'll forgive the age gap. Just for you mind! :hump:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.