Age 32, want to join the forces and get a degree.

Why...? It's a well paid position with lots of opportunities for bolt-ons. Apparently the RN is so keen for them at the moment they give a 5k bonus for completing training and a further 5k for submarine training.
There's the catch:

Nobody's ever passed that course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why...? It's a well paid position with lots of opportunities for bolt-ons. Apparently the RN is so keen for them at the moment they give a 5k bonus for completing training and a further 5k for submarine training.
It's quite the leap from wanting to become a para or bootneck to cooking meals for matelots......

TehGymReaper

Swinger
It's quite the leap from wanting to become a para or bootneck to cooking meals for matelots......
Well so far on here I've been talked out of being the guy bayoneting other guys, into being the guy supporting the guys bayoneting the other guys - so what's taking it one step further and being the guy feeding the guys bayoneting the other guys....

Well so far on here I've been talked out of being the guy bayoneting other guys, into being the guy supporting the guys bayoneting the other guys - so what's taking it one step further and being the guy feeding the guys bayoneting the other guys....
All things considered I think you've got off quite lightly ( compared to how these sort of threads normally go).
Oh yes the standard drill ... someone should post by now
"OP is this turning out how you imagined?"

TehGymReaper

Swinger
All things considered I think you've got off quite lightly ( compared to how these sort of threads normally go).
Oh yes the standard drill ... someone should post by now
"OP is this turning out how you imagined?"
Well.... much better actually. I'm familiar with forum etiquette and dealing with the obligatory trolls. Here I've actually got a surprising amount of decent advice and well-thought out, properly considered opinions.

Arrse is going to the dogs

In truth, Chefs are the only trained killers who get to practice their art on a daily basis, feared by all who may irk them.

They also use knives rather than bayonets, in the main and I'm feeling pleased with myself for not having made obligatory mention of the bayonet, beef for the use of - however bayoneting other guys can sometimes be misconstrued in the armed forces.

In truth, Chefs are the only trained killers who get to practice their art on a daily basis, feared by all who may irk them.

Agree Stoker

This thread needs renaming
"From Steely Eyed Dealer of Death to Steely Eyed Server-Up Of Death - One Man's Journey"

Buddy!

Old-Salt
The OP seems to have that odd off-kilter perception of service life that most Civilians have. That's not really a critisism, however, I'd say you'll struggle at 32. That being said, I know a number of older-joiners who have promoted ahead of their younger peers and are doing well for themselves. Consider AGC(SPS) and the RLC.

Latest Threads