AGC (TA) Phase 2

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Spindarella, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has already been posted before.
    Im due to start my Phase 2 training in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could pass on any handy advice, on either the course, or Worthydown?!

Thanks in advance
  2. You will be fine. As a junior rank you will have weekly inspections and block jobs to do. Accommodation is reasonable although shared with other females. NAAFI is ok but not cheap and there is a Gym. If you dont have your own car it will cost you about a tenner to get into town in a taxi.

The majority of course personnel are regulars straight out of basic training or on a course away from the missus for a few weeks so theyre generally up for a beer or 10.

You may well be the only TA course running at that time and you were probably very lucky to get on it as theyre allegedly cancelling all TA training due to JPA.

Also, as TA you dont have to do guard or any other duties such as - thats because they have to fit in much more to a week of a TA course than they do regulars. Classroom work for the whole 2 weeks and im sure you will fit in a course pi$$ up!!

Good luck and you can PM if you have any direct questions

3. Bloody hell're a part time bean counter?
  4. Cheers liz_the_nurse! i will embrace all worthydown has to offer me! & what a joy it will be!??????????
  5. Whe I was in training the DS used to refer to it as Disney Down. Something to do with all the females???
  6. What? they all looked like Goofy and Donald Duck?
  7. Now known as Scurvey Down due to all the scabs (Crabs)
  8. I think it was only Disney Down if you was a bloke!
  9. so ile look forward to two weeks with crabs & letchy fellas! as i said, i will embrace worthydown for all it has to offer?! hmm?! maybe not!
  10. You might want to learn basic English, before you attempt a shiny arrse course.
  11. Thankyou for your wise words stab tiffy! The fact that i write like a pleb on t'internet does not mean that i can not write in basic English!
  12. I agree, but some people seem lack the ability of lateral thinking to realise this - which is why some people are always jumping on people when they make silly mistakes...

Or maybe they can't tell the difference between the internet and reality 8O

13. You know what amazing__lobster i think you might be right!! :D :D
  14. Does your course include 'Sanger Banging'?
  15. Please elaborate on the expression 'Sanger Banging'?! im unfamilier with the term! :?