AGC(SPS) Blues for getting married

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by MrHappy, Mar 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know how I go about getting blues to get married in? Also, do you wear local/acting rank on them or just your sub rank?

Thanks in advance.

MrH

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Don't know which is worse, wearing SPS blues or getting married!!

If you really must though, try Worthless Down.

3. Soon to be MrsH wanted me in mess dress! Anyway, quarters are cheaper than the rent we pay now!

4. I have a set. Depending on your size?

5. 1. You can loan them out (free of charge) from the Regtl Col at RHQ AGC, Worthless Down.

2. No you can't promote yourself for a wedding! The local rank/one up thing is a pure Army Urban Myth - just like the one about the Ord Sgt/Gd Comd shagging his daughter/wife etc in some dark Barrack Block gang-bang in the 80s!

6. Once you move in you,ll understand why.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I beg to differ, this is not an urban myth!

I have met the bloke in the Oddfellows Arms in Middleton, Manchester. He did this whilst he was serving with them, after being in 2 Para, just before he was the second one on the balcony, prior to failing his pilots course because he was too gung ho, and having a secret award from the queen when he slotted 4 PIRA when in 14 Int!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honest, he's called Jim, wears tracky pants, drinks a lot and drives a Datsun Sunny taxi in North Manchester.

8. If you are formally appointed with Acting Higher Rank (ie paid) or Local Rank (ie unpaid) you can wear it. Just as you can on your other uniforms. But I agree about the "1 up for your wedding" nonsense.

9. Just wear your normal working dress. The blouse, 'A' line skirt and tan tights will really suit you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

They don't suit me as I find the tights ladder to easily.

11. Nail varnish. Just reach down by your side into your issued hanbag and grab it out.

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Issued handbag......Ohhhhhh Pleeeaaaase.

Only the best TK Maxx for me.

13. My dearly bullied is getting wed in AGC blues....cos next to that I'm gonna look fuckin' ace!!

14. There are a number of sets held by the clothing storeman in the QMs at WD. Or there were when I was the RQ there!

15. Top quality!