• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

AGC Regt'l Association

I've heard a vicious rumour that some members of the SPS branch are having a monetary gift on discharge. Does anybody know of this?? I got bugger all after 23 years in, and over 17 years in the branch.

I've heard a vicious rumour that some members of the SPS branch are having a monetary gift on discharge. Does anybody know of this?? I got bugger all after 23 years in, and over 17 years in the branch.
Yes, it's true...... if you have served for at least 18 years within the SPS on completion of your service you receive a Gold plated watch (with SPS capbadge engraved on the rear) and a cheque for 250.00 pounds as a thank you. The only pre-condition is that you must have been a paying member of the Regtl Association for those 18 years!

Mines still intact mate, don't let the bastards take it away.....

{DSPSA / AGC MCM Div} They can post us to places we don't want to go to, they can make us change the colour of our beret, they can do inspections on us until the cows come in.... but they'll never take our ....... sense of humour

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Mines still intact mate, don't let the bastards take it away.....

{DSPSA / AGC MCM Div} They can post us to places we don't want to go to, they can make us change the colour of our beret, they can do inspections on us until the cows come in.... but they'll never take our ....... sense of humour
Obviously you havn't been in long enough!

You do know Sluggy I take it?

Yes, it's true...... if you have served for at least 18 years within the SPS on completion of your service you receive a Gold plated watch (with SPS capbadge engraved on the rear) and a cheque for 250.00 pounds as a thank you. The only pre-condition is that you must have been a paying member of the Regtl Association for those 18 years!
I'm getting all this, AND a pony.

Where do you think I'll eventually get "dined out"?

B and T - call me, we need a chat.

27+ years in and the last 18 of them in the AGC(SPS) and I got from the Corps a ........

Even though I still had a few years left, I was so fed up with it all, I sacked it and gave 6 months notice and the Corps could not even be bothered in asking why I sacked it - they don't want to hear the reason I bet?

So finally, I am not a number, I am a free man.

I will keep my eyes open though for the SPS to be either swallowed(!) by the R Signals or RLC.

I was meant to be out last Wednesday. No ******* pony, no dine-out, no letterbox, no pay off. All I got was a Veteran's Badge and a Record of Service.

I know where I served and how many shagging* medals I've got, thanks for the reminder.

Oh, I also got extended until May. Great, another medal.

On the plus side, I get to spend Christmas in hospital.

On the bad side, I can take my lappy and dongle, which means I can still be a ****** to you lot.

Slug hugs xxx

*Shagging or drinking medals - you can make your own minds up.

Eventually got the balls to leave and start my own business, and totally lost track of this place, until someone necro'd an old thread and something appeared in my inbox, and I was like, **** me, oh yeah, I wonder how those 2 miserable old gits are these days :-

Eventually got the balls to leave and start my own business, and totally lost track of this place, until someone necro'd an old thread and something appeared in my inbox, and I was like, **** me, oh yeah, I wonder how those 2 miserable old gits are these days :-
We're still old and miserable, nothing changes!

Latest Threads