AGC Regt'l Association

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by partyr, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard a vicious rumour that some members of the SPS branch are having a monetary gift on discharge. Does anybody know of this?? I got bugger all after 23 years in, and over 17 years in the branch.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Normally it's the FSA or Regt Acct on discharge. That's if they think they can get away with it.

3. Yes, it's true...... if you have served for at least 18 years within the SPS on completion of your service you receive a Gold plated watch (with SPS capbadge engraved on the rear) and a cheque for 250.00 pounds as a thank you. The only pre-condition is that you must have been a paying member of the Regtl Association for those 18 years!

4. If you did over 17 years in the Branch, I am sure you know the answer to this already!! Like you state, a vicious rumour!

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Do I have to hand back my TRF's.

6. TRF & Stable Belt, in return they issue you back with your sense of humour

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I had that withdrawn in 1993!

I see you have misplaced yours!

8. Mines still intact mate, don't let the bastards take it away.....

{DSPSA / AGC MCM Div} They can post us to places we don't want to go to, they can make us change the colour of our beret, they can do inspections on us until the cows come in.... but they'll never take our ....... sense of humour

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Obviously you havn't been in long enough!

You do know Sluggy I take it?

10. probably in real life I will know of Sluggy, but not in here I don't

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Liar Liar pants on fire!!!! I've been stalking you and on your profile page she is your only friend!

12. Oh right, i get you now.

Will you be my friend as well

13. I'm getting all this, AND a pony.

Where do you think I'll eventually get "dined out"?

B and T - call me, we need a chat.

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

If you insist, but it doesn't mean we will be swapping spit in the shower!

15. 27+ years in and the last 18 of them in the AGC(SPS) and I got from the Corps a ........

Even though I still had a few years left, I was so fed up with it all, I sacked it and gave 6 months notice and the Corps could not even be bothered in asking why I sacked it - they don't want to hear the reason I bet?

So finally, I am not a number, I am a free man.

I will keep my eyes open though for the SPS to be either swallowed(!) by the R Signals or RLC.

• Like Like x 1