Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by themaadone, Aug 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, I have read the threads concerning the mpgs, doesn´t give you much insight. Also, I have had a look at the official site in the web!

Also not that much info apart from the basics and also, I have read through the info pack which was sent to me via Worthy down (for once I had a helpful senior on the other end of the telling bone and even friendly 8O ).

Reason is: after 8 years as a medic in Germany I am now unemployed and am coming back to the UK; all I want is a safe job, regular money and a roof over my head. The MPGS provides all of this, before anyone gobs off and says it is shit money....

As a senior paramedic with instructor qualifications (which adds a bit to your pay!) I received LESS then I would as an MPGS private (whoever said the grass is greener on the other side????? I´ll have to bash him/her).

So, is there anyone out here with some real info? It would be gratefully lapped up!

By the way, I am 32 and would also like to ask what the present requirements are (fitness) for my age BFT etc..

2. You must have been out for a while mate........the BFT has left the building.
  3. Left in 96....we still had bft´s and cft´s and compo and .....
  4. .......puttees? Or are we talking 1896?
  5. Can only remember puttees from training vids, more like the ankle crippling combat highs and duff combats...and the piss ups of course... 8O :!: :p