AGAIN? Government looses yet more financial data discs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Steven, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2983759.ece

What is the old saying "once is a mistake but twice is enemy action?"

Oh FFS if you read that report to the end it seems that loosing discs that contain bank account details and address etc happens on a fairly regular basis.

2. So what have we learnt?

A) Don't have kids
    B) Don't get benefits

Nice, maybe it's some kind of ploy.

3. Has anyone found it a bit strange that the disc with MPs pay details and expenses has not been "lost" in transit????? Or am I just being cynical???

4. That's because the MPs disc is only ever transferred by two Senior Civil Servants from the MPs Pay & Allowances Section of the Treasury, accompanied by an armed guard from the Master at Arms section.

All in accordance with the Let Them Eat Cake (Pay & Perks) Act 1989.

5. Losing bank details, addresses, etc. might mean you lose money, get a mortgage taken out on your behalf or someone accesses dodgy websites with your card details. However you can change those details.

Now, if the government has our biometric data (ID cards, DNA databases) and handles it with the same level of competency, there is no putting this cat back in the bag. Next thing you know spammers will be spamming you to buy drug X because you're genetically predisposed to get disease Y (and that's just the start!).

Oh well, maybe the government will spin it to garner support for ID cards by saying that it would help prevent such data losses in the future. I won't be surprised :roll: . After all, we all know that if you've got nothing to hide....

6. 'Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but the third time is enemy action.'

Auric Goldfinger, from Ian Fleming's 'Goldfinger'

I'll get my coat...

B-T

7. Well of course you have nothing to hide.

All your details are for sale on any number of websites. So even if you did have anything to hide it would be public knowledge soon.

Maybe that is the plan, if everybody knows everything about everybody else then no one would want to hide anything from anybody so everybody would be ok with paying for an ID card. :?

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Don't live in UK......

9. Nonono, ID cards are a good thing! :roll: Just think about all the paper shuffling jobs created and the thusly made grateful voters for Labour, courtesy of our rising taxes and penny pinching :x . Another government bureaucrat/administrator, another Labour voter.

10. I'd be much more worried about my DNA turning up at a crime scene!

11. What you do with your weekends is between you and the McCanns...

12. :D

13. They have done it yet again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Northern_Ireland/Story/0,,2225981,00.html

How fcuking dense can you be?

In fact it seems that this is the norm instead of something that shold never happen.

It seems as if the wearers of the tinfoil hats may have be right all along?