• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

AGAI and holiday!

two questions,

1. if you had a holiday booked with leave approved weeks ago, can i be agaid the day before and given work parades at the weekend meaning i would lose all the money from my holiday?

2. if a failing for an agai occured on a monday, can the person giving out the agai purposely wait until friday to do the paperwork so they would no longer be able to go home at the weekend in general because of work parades?

this has happened a lot where i am, 3:55 on a friday, people getting agaid and given parades that evening and the saturday, rail warrants have been lost because of this too.

1. Leave is a privilege, so yes.

2. The sanction must be complete within 8 days of which it was awarded.

Stop dropping yourself in the shit, and you won't have the problem!

OK maybe not a privilege, but it is at the discretion of the service!

If they save the AGAI's up to the weekend, yea a bit of a ****, but depends how much of a **** the crow has been.

I've always been advised to book leave with travel insurance, I've also learned not to **** up near leave! :)

If you have had your leave approved then your shouldn't be expected to work or have any minor punishments until you return. (This can change at some units if manpower dictates otherwise.)

What did you do to get AGAI'd?

My best guess would be.

1. No, that is not acceptable.

On a personal note, it shows that either:

a. You a such a tool that people are out to get you.
or
b. The bloke you work for is a cnut who likes f'ing people around.

2. Yes provided it is not done deliberately (which you would need to prove).

Exactly, go on holiday, get drunk/laid/ tan it up, just remember to bring your boss back a postcard when you return. Then take the punishment on the chin, whats the worst he can do :p

two questions,

1. if you had a holiday booked with leave approved weeks ago, can i be agaid the day before and given work parades at the weekend meaning i would lose all the money from my holiday?

2. if a failing for an agai occured on a monday, can the person giving out the agai purposely wait until friday to do the paperwork so they would no longer be able to go home at the weekend in general because of work parades?

this has happened a lot where i am, 3:55 on a friday, people getting agaid and given parades that evening and the saturday, rail warrants have been lost because of this too.
3.55??? Are you sure?

At my last place of work my boss moved on to a SSM position, he plans to carry out all his AGAI/AGAI review cases on a Fri PM. His answer was that if he's at work then the blokes should be. We had a few discussions about it but he wasn't for swaying.
He isn't a cnut and a faily decent bloke. His attitude was if they fucked up they should be punished

If leave has been granted then at the end of the last working day prior to leave, you are on leave. Work-parades can be done when you are back at work.
If the offence committed is serious enough then the leave will be cancelled. If it isn´t cancelled then you are on leave and do not have to show up for any parades.
What you have to ask yourself though is why this person is trying it on and thinks that you need to be tought a lesson.

At my last place of work my boss moved on to a SSM position, he plans to carry out all his AGAI/AGAI review cases on a Fri PM. His answer was that if he's at work then the blokes should be. We had a few discussions about it but he wasn't for swaying.
He isn't a cnut and a faily decent bloke. His attitude was if they fucked up they should be punished
I don't know mate, sounds like something from the Punchy Pete G*****y SSM book of management. That "If ahm working, them f*ckers are too" attitude is spiteful and as such, piss poor man management. He sounds like a complete cnut and a fairly not decent bloke.

Sapper, Q Flags.

I'm not in the flow with Regular procedures but wouldn't the answer to noobs' questions depend on whether he booked leave over the weekend? Presumably, if he has booked leave Mon-Fri and assumed that he'd also have Sat/Sun off, he has himself to blame. As well as having himself to blame, ultimately, even if he didn't...

G

GLESGA-NED

"LEAVE IS A PIVILEDGE" (**** off Pontius pilot).

It is dependent on the twat and the problem.

Leave is governed by JSP 752 An interesting read for all people like me that have been fucked over the years with leave. Makes a few ***** cringe actually (the ones with no life!!!).

With reference to the above you best be acquainted and conversant as ******* a guy leave up for shites and giggles is a no, no. Just remember the difference between Administrative action and Disciplinary action.

If someone is cancelling a guys planned leave to e.g. phukett, for being a mong. It would have to be more than WO2/WO1 more like the OC or CO for serious incidents.

Didn't spot this one first time around. There are a few opinions on here that are not supported by the facts. Leave (ALA) is no longer a privilege, but once approved, should only be cancelled in extreme cases, and not because some twat with a point to prove chooses to. If you have a holiday booked, and have had your leave approved via JPA, if that leave is then cancelled and you lose your holiday you can claim back any uninsured expenditure from the mob. All this is in JSP 752.

Latest Threads