AGAI 67

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by nil_oc, Oct 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF AGAI 67?
    DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS WITH NIG OLYMPICS, BOWLING ETC?

2. welcome to Arrse, CAPS indicates shouting. I had an ex Para CSM who used to thump you if you fcuked up and nothing more was said. Beasted in the past and did not like it much, however given the choice between 30 minutes of being messed around is better the four hours Regimental duty. The RP's love 67 though.

3. Bring back FD. All is forgiven. :(

4. Being a RP I have to say bring back the kicking's. Having been in a spot of bother when I first joined up I always found that having a good kicking you would learn your lesson a lot better than the Soldiers now who just get AGAI's againt them. But on saying that the good thing about AGAI's is that when you have people in Detention then they can be put to any task that other soldiers can do and that is thanks to AGAI 67 action. Plus if used correctly you can kick the dross out of the Army on a AGAI 67 action, the only problem with this is that a lot of NCO's are not aware of the full system in place and there for do not use the AGAI system fully.

5. I dont think it's a case of kicking the dross out, so much as working with what we have. They (dross) Joined the Army of their own accord. That's a plus. They passed training. That's a plus, they know how to hold a rifle at least. What's needed again is the ability to knock a military mind into them. Sounds bad put like that. Im no words-smith, but im sure you know what I mean. Let us close doors and get on with rebuilding the fighting force we used to have... our way.

I was battered for not noticing part of an assembly was not done up correctly on an inspection. Guess what? That stuck in my mind and now I check all nuts are done up when Im inspecting kit. Ive also been given ROPs for something in the past, can I remember what for? Can I bollix! FD works, disciplinary action such as AGAI 67 doesnt.