AGAI 67 (Admin Discharge)

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by Letterwritingman, Jan 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone noticed an increase in the number of people being discharged under AGAI 67? Is there any defence against this and can you apply to a tribunal? After all according to the MoD site AGAI 67 allows the MoD the same rights of dismissall as a civvie employer does it therefor allow the employee the same right to an independant review of the case?

:?: :?

2. Can the army afford to lay people off?
    Mind you, I remember back in the 80's when severe (and not so severe) admin cases were called into the OC's office suddenly to be told to be off the camp in 6 hours as they were no longer required to draw the army's oxygen!! And this was in Germany :)

3. Is this were an AFB130A is used?

4. I'm not too sure of the process. One of my colleagues is going through it at the moment and pretty much everyone who knows him or is at his level thinks he's been hard done by. :evil:

5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Yes

6. Just put on the Parliamentary web site today.

Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what procedures exist for soldiers who consider themselves to have been unfairly dismissed from the Army but failed to submit a redress within three months of discharge to appeal against their dismissal; and if he will make a statement

http://www.2para.co.uk/

Goto the MANNING CONTROL page.

7. Thanx Grand-dad a very illuminating site....plenty of interesting contacts there especially for those soldiers who wish to air agreivance and find official channels closed to them. I shall certainly pass that one on :!: :evil: :twisted:

8. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I think that the admin discharge is used much less than it used to be. Indeed it seems that we now bend over backwards not to discharge people who frankly should be. I think if there IS a growing trend it is for people to play the FMed8 'temperamentally unsuited' card to secure an early release rather than sign off.

9. Bad news they just outlawed the old FMED 8, pending a new impoved version to be forthcoming sometime soon, the TU card will be less used now as people will be put through the AWS and Admin route. I would much rather see Adjutants doing their job and earning their pay for a change, instead of clogging up the medical chain with dross to the detrement of genuine cases.

10. Did anyone notice that AGAI 66 is the Medical Chapter, shame on you for not reading on till you got to AGAI 67, naughty Admin Staff !!!!

11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Agree entirely mad-medic. Prob is that because of the 'med in confidence' thing (which is rightly there for genuine cases) the CSM or adjt never knows that the little scroat is playing the game until after he has been signed off by the trick cyclist. By then it is too late. Doc says out who is to argue?

12. WILL THEY? WONT THEY??? :?

Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, if he will list the (a) establishment and (b) strength of all ranks over major in the Army; and if he will make a statement.
    (154489)
    N Mr Paul Keetch (Hereford):To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, for what reasons units are receiving lists of names for manning control review.

http://www.2para.co.uk/

13. I met PaulKeetch MP once and he is an excellent bloke. Actually listens and does not just let the Col do all the talking.

14. And good for PaulKeetch MP - but if you were MP for Hereford wouldn't you take good care to listen to the blokes....?

15. Dismissal under AGAI 67 is done accordingly to law and is transparent. Appealing against it - you could try but I think it would be costly for you. A law firm is unlikely to do a no win no fee on this as the AGAI 67 procedure, where you have brought the Army into disrepute - is normally glaringly obvious. However that said, there is nothing to stop you taking your case to a solictor for advice. As the case is seen by those outside the chain of command - it could be argued that this is independant ?